sonar x1 doesn't see drumagog

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

dlangfield

sonar x1 doesn't see drumagog

Post by dlangfield »

bought 5 basic off drumagog website, installed. cannot get the program to prompt me for an auth code. it appears that this happens automatically for everyone else. I open sonar and nothing happens. i point the VST scan folders in sonar to where it appears to be, Program Files/Drumagog5, nothing.
any ideas?
Chris M
Expert

Re: sonar x1 doesn't see drumagog

Post by Chris M »

Hello,

You need to be pointing Sonar to your VST folder that has Drumagog5.dll in it, not the Program Files/Drumagog folder. This could be in a few places (check c:programfiles/cakewalk/vstplugins), but if you search for Drumagog5.dll, you should find it. Then, point Sonar to this folder, and you should be prompted to authorize.

Best,

Chris
WaveMachine Labs
dlangfield

Post by dlangfield »

Thanks for the reply. searched for any files with drumagog in name, only came back with drumagog5basic.exe and uninstall drumagog5.
i downloaded and installed twice. should i uninstall and try again? i am an admin on this computer.
thx
chris davies

Post by chris davies »

Try Program files/Steinberg/VstPlugins/Drumagog5.dll
dlangfield

Post by dlangfield »

there is no Steinberg folder. I am using the "search programs and files" tools off the Start button. i believe that should find any files that contain "drumagog". i have manually searched in the suggested spots anyway, but the .dll file is nowhere to be found.
i am running windows 7 sp1, 32 bit.
what could be going on here?
chris davies

Post by chris davies »

i am also running the same os as you
i tried to search for this file and nothing was found untill you do a custom search of your program files folder. it might take a minute or two but it should find it. click the see more results option on the start menu then click custom search. double click computer/OS/Program files then ok
dlangfield

Post by dlangfield »

worked, thanks so much!