Drumagog and Pro Tools 8 HD latency issue

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

stress1176

Drumagog and Pro Tools 8 HD latency issue

Post by stress1176 »

Hello,

I've got a problem with Drumagog and Pro Tools 8 HD: this is how i find the problem.
I create a duplicate of my original kick drum track; in the duplicated track I put one instance of Drumagog Fixed Latency. I set up Drumagog properly and then I listen to the original and the "Drumagog track" togheter. The result is that the track with Drumagog is delayed from the original, causing flame and latency with the other pieces of my drum kit. Pratically Pro Tools doesn't compensate Drumagog latency
This is my system features:
- Mac Pro 2 x 2.26 Quad-Core Intel Xeon
- OSX 10.5.8
- Pro Tools HD2 8.0.1 cs1
- 6 GB RAM
- 3 Hard Disk (System-Audio-Samples)
- ADC enabled with long compensation

I try to reinstall Drumagog, but the problem is always the same. The Mac Pro has been tested and verified at Apple Tech Support. Pro Tools works well, the only problem is related to Drumagog. I operate a full format of the system several times, but nothing goes.

Let me know if there's a solution to this issue.

Thanks in advance and best regards,
Matteo
soundstudio59

Re: Drumagog and Pro Tools 8 HD latency issue

Post by soundstudio59 »

i have te same problem! with my mac.
Matt W
Expert

Re: Drumagog and Pro Tools 8 HD latency issue

Post by Matt W »

Hello,

The cause of your issue could be a few different things, and one indicator is exactly how much latency you are experiencing. The Fixed Latency version of Drumagog (which is the one you -must- use with Pro Tools HD and Delay Compensation) has exactly 80ms of latency, or almost 1/10th of a second. If Pro Tools isn't compensating the track will be delayed exactly this much, and it will stay constant. An 80ms delay is quite noticeable, and usually sounds less like a flam and more like a very off-time hit. If this is the case make sure you have Pro Tools Delay Compensation settings set up properly, specifically it must be set to Long Mode, and when you bring up the Delay Compensation meter your Drumagog track cannot be red. If it is then you are over your limit and Drumagog won't be compensated for unless you start bouncing the other latency inducing plugins you are using.

If the delay is shorter than 80ms, or if it seems to vary at all, then it isn't latency abut much more likely mis-triggering/aligning. Check out Drumagog's Advanced tab for all the various settings that affect how it detects, triggers, and aligns the drum sounds. There is no single setup that works for every drum part, you will usually need to go through these settings to tune Drumagog to the track.
Matthew Werner
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
www.drumagog.com