Cubase 6.0 crashes when reading drumagog.dll

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

karl

Cubase 6.0 crashes when reading drumagog.dll

Post by karl »

Hello, I just attempted to download the demo-I installed it along with the iLok drivers-everything seemed to install properly. However, Cubase 6.0.6 crashes everytime it attempts to access the drumagog.dll - I know I will use this software eventually, so I bought the basic ver 5.0 thinking there will be some solution to the security ( I believe this is the issue). Again, it was the same issue I cannot access the plugin-Cubase either skips the plugin when loading or crashes when it attempts to update the plugin list. I have functioning plugins from Waves, Native Instruments, IK Media ect. and I have never had a problem until now. My DAW has been very stable, very reliable.
Is anyone else experiencing this and what is the solution. As it stands, this software is completely useless to me.

Win 7, i7 core, 8 gig

thanks,

Karl
karl

Re: Cubase 6.0 crashes when reading drumagog.dll

Post by karl »

uhm, anyone? I have ran it as administrator, allowed full control and it kicks me out of every software that tries to load the .dll...so it is a Windows Security / compatibility issue with the Interlok drivers that won't run the authorization menu

does anyone understand the requirements/ version for the visual C++ ?

This is Windows 7, Home Premium with only one user/login profile that is set to the administrator. I haven't made any custom changes to the security settings...

thanks,
Chris M
Expert

Re: Cubase 6.0 crashes when reading drumagog.dll

Post by Chris M »

This is most likely an issue with the InterLok drivers. What you should do:

Use the Control Panel to remove an instance of InterLok or Pace. Do the same for anything Drumagog related. Restart your computer.

Go to iLok.com and download the most recent iLok client and drivers. Run the installers and restart your computer.

Download the Drumagog installer from your account, run it, and restart your computer.

Run Cubase, and hopefully the authorization dialogue will appear.

The problems you describe are exactly what happens when you have corrupt InterLok drivers, so hopefully this will take care of it.

Best,

Chris
WaveMachine Labs