Problem importing .AIF samples

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

b2generator

Problem importing .AIF samples

Post by b2generator »

I have some drum samples as .AIF files that I'd like to load into Drumagog Platinum (latest update), but they won't import. Tried everything. What am I missing? HELLLLP! Can someone tell me, step-by-step, how to do it? Drumagog is being used in Pro Tools HD, on an Intel Mac. Thanks.
Matt W
Expert

Re: Problem importing .AIF samples

Post by Matt W »

Hello,

Are you receiving any kind of error/warning messages when you try to import them? If you're trying to do either of the following and running into a problem let us know what is specifically happening. If it seems to be the file itself you could email it to use to check out as well.

There are also a couple of different ways to load samples: either as a one-shot sample or by making an actual Gog file.

To load a one-shot sample just use the "Browse" option and select the AIFF file you want to use. To create a Gog file you need to go to the Samples tab and create a blank Gog file, then use 'Add from file" to import as many AIFF samples for this one sound that you have. From there you can use Drumagog's Dynamic Groups and Positional settings to further customize the Gog.
Matthew Werner
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
www.drumagog.com
b2generator

Post by b2generator »

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the quick reply. There are no error messages. I've tried both the Browse option and the Gog file method. Neither seem to work. Here is what happens: When the .AIF sample is chosen (by either method), the file selection always reverts back to the Rock Bass Drum group, sample #1 (ArtstarKick - RockD2). I have also tried the Add From Track method, but this isn't working correctly either. The only way it will record the desired sample (or try to) is when the input is all the way up at 4.0db, and the threshold is at 0.0db. The window show that a sound has been sampled, but no sound is there. I record at 96k and have tried both 96k and 44.1k samples. No luck. What should I do??? :?:
Matt W
Expert

Post by Matt W »

Can you send us one of the problem .aiff files? It sounds like Drumagog doesn't like the file itself, and doesn't recognize it as a valid audio file. If you can email us one to look at we'll see what may be wrong with it.
Matthew Werner
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
www.drumagog.com