Percussion eXtras Issue

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

YoungSoul

Percussion eXtras Issue

Post by YoungSoul »

I recently purchased the percussion extras for a few reasons, but one was to sample out click tracks that were sent to me with different woodblocks and cowbells.

I have noticed that both of the cowbell samples seem to be delayed by 25ms.

What I did was to was to duplicate the click track, so now I have two. On one I put the drumagog plugin with the jamblock sample and set the threshold low. on the other, I put the drumagog plugin with either one of the cowbell samples, and set the threshold above the (2,3,4) level but below the (1) level so it only triggers on 1.

I can hear and visual see in the mixdown that the cowbell lags the jamblock.

I am using Drumagog 4.11, fixedlatency, cubase 5.

I swapped in other samples ( agogo, woodblock, etc ) and those seem to line up correctly.

Can anyone tell me if this is an issue with the samples or the way I am triggering them.

Thank you in advance.
Matt W
Expert

Post by Matt W »

There shouldn't be any difference between the samples, in fact I just went to check the low cowbell samples to verify they didn't start 25ms late, which they don't. It sounds like something else is affecting the timing here. Can you tell me some additional information on your system (kind of computer, OS, version of Cubase 5). Also can you describe your Drumagog settings: Advanced or Simple Mode triggering, Auto-Align on or off, Details/Latency slider setting, Psycho-Acoustic or Actual Peak mode?
Matthew Werner
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
www.drumagog.com