Install Requires Higher level or Administrator Privileges

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

AntiMotion

Install Requires Higher level or Administrator Privileges

Post by AntiMotion »

Hi there, iv been a proud user of drumagog for about a year now and have had no problems to date.
I recently Formatted my computer and had to reinstall all of my plugins. Drumagog is the only one thats giving me ALOT of trouble. This might be a Mac related Question but i have searched the net for about a week now and nothing seems to solve my problem

I mount the .dmg file and double click on the install icon, it then asks me for my Admin password, i enter it and i get the message " The install Requires Higher level or Administrator Privileges" so i am unable to install it. I am the Administrator, and i am only having the problem with drumagog.

I have tried burning it to DVD, re downloading it ect.... nothing seems to work.

Im working in ProTools 7.3 on a Power Mac G5

Any help ASAP would be so helpful!

Many Thanks
Dave
Matt W
Expert

Post by Matt W »

Hello,

That is an unusual message, as Drumagog doesn't require anything special permissions-wise to install. I have seen that error message with other programs, though. One time I believe it was an Anti-virus program that was interfering and was blocking access the installer needed(so try disabling it temporarily if you have one), and another time the user just needed to run the repair disk permissions tool and re-boot.

If these don't help, you could try creating a new (temporary) user account and make it an Admin and installing Drumagog from that account. However, the problem does sound like it originates from a permissions-issue for your user account, so you may want to track it down, as I imagine you will have future issues pop up with other apps.
Matthew Werner
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
www.drumagog.com
AntiMotion

Post by AntiMotion »

Thanks for getting back to me so fast!
So i have tried absolutely everything and no luck....

Has anyone had this problem before? i really need a solution.

Many Thanks guys

Dave