BFD Settings???

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

kenk52

BFD Settings???

Post by kenk52 »

Attempting to get Drumagog working with BFD2 LATEST version. Outrageous latency. Drumagog manual indicates to check Drumagog Mode in the Options Panel of BFD???? Where in heck is this setting specifically???? I've tried for 15 minutes. Does this really work?
Matt W
Expert

Post by Matt W »

The manual version is referencing BFD 1.5, which has the "Drumagog Mode" check that needs to be set. As of BFD 2 there is no longer a separate setting to enable "Drumagog Mode", it's just always on.

The Support page on our website (http://www.drumagog.com/support.asp) has the most up to date information on using Drumagog with BFD, including the required steps to get the two plugins to communicate without latency.
Matthew Werner
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
www.drumagog.com
zumbido
Expert

Post by zumbido »

Does this really work?
I'm using DDrum triggers (on an acoustic drumkit) into a mixer (digital) to an RME Digiface (via light pipe) to FL Studio hosting Drumagog routed to BFD2 back out through the RME Digiface into the mixer for monitoring -- and can play live replaced drums.

No, I am not a fancy drummer (or even can claim any real drum skills beyond basic).

But yes, it all works - with minimum delay.

It works even better with pre-recorded drum tracks where a few milliseconds offset can be applied - since my pre-recorded drum tracks are usually coming from a different computer.
neilwilkes
Expert

Re:

Post by neilwilkes »

Matt W wrote:The manual version is referencing BFD 1.5, which has the "Drumagog Mode" check that needs to be set. As of BFD 2 there is no longer a separate setting to enable "Drumagog Mode", it's just always on.

The Support page on our website (http://www.drumagog.com/support.asp) has the most up to date information on using Drumagog with BFD, including the required steps to get the two plugins to communicate without latency.
Where, Matt?
That link takes me to the unlock page and nowhere else.....
Admittedly, I know how to do this thanks to help here - but the link does seem to go to the wrong place.

@the OP.
For BFD2, first load up the number of drumagogs you need first - do not select any samples, and do not load BFD yet.
Now load your BFD2 and the correct kit - or pieces of kits.
Go to your drumagog, and select <BFD> and you should then see all the articulations & different samples available.
Repeat for each inserted drumagog.
It is very important to make absolutely sure you load all required drumagogs before launching a BFD though.
Nuendo 5, 5.5 & 6 and Cubase 6,7 & 7.5 with WK-ID Controller.
Fully 64-bit Intel Xeon E5-2687W 8-Core CPU with 32GB Quad Channel RAM
Adam A7 x 5, RME RayDAT 1 into 2 RME ADI-8 DS, Tascam DA-88 to RME ADI-8.
Matt W
Expert

Re: BFD Settings???

Post by Matt W »

I was just referring to the "Using Drumagog with BFD" section on our Support page, which just has a couple of the more common questions with using Drumagog and BFD, though yours is a more in-depth outline for starting the two plugins.
Matthew Werner
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
www.drumagog.com