saving cpu

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

bluesman

saving cpu

Post by bluesman »

I presently don't have any trouble with cpu usage, but am wondering if I load up a drumagog instance for my kick drum audio file, then bounce that track to another track, does the drumagog kick I selected become part of that wav file? I am using Sonar Producer if that matters. This would save on cpu usage and memory I believe.
Matt W
Expert

Post by Matt W »

Yes, what you are describing is a normal way to conserve system resources when using plugins. In this case Drumagog doesn't use too much CPU power, but it does use your RAM to load the samples.

If you have a fairly recent version of SONAR there is a built-in way to do this without bouncing to a new track called "freezing". If you right-click (I believe) on your SONAR audio track you should see some freeze options, and if you then freeze the track SONAR will automatically bounce the track and disable Drumagog. If you decide you need to tweak the Drumagog settings later, all you need to do is then choose to un-freeze the track and SONAR will bring back the original audio and re-enable Drumagog, allowing you to change the plugin settings.
Matthew Werner
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
www.drumagog.com