Pro Tools 8 + Drumagog + BFD Problem... Sessions Dont Load..

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

avpmusic

Pro Tools 8 + Drumagog + BFD Problem... Sessions Dont Load..

Post by avpmusic »

So i have a few sessions that i recorded in 7.4 inside pro tools that i specifically remember triggering some drum sounds, using drumagog, trigering BFD Sounds.

Now i've updated to pro tools 8, and i try to open up the old project, and pro tools dosnt seem to want to load past my snare track, which has drumagog enabled. when i temporary remove drumagog plugin from my plugins folder, everything loads just fine with drumagog inactive.

then i tried reinstalling the latest full retail version from the website, and the problem persists.

it seems drumagog works fine in every other project... UP UNTIL i try re opening the project, it seems like drumagog is causing my pro tools sessions not to load.

i'm running pro tools 8cs1
on a mac pro leopard 10.5.5

and my bfd2 is updated to the latest version.
i am getting frustrated because i cant figure out how to fix it..
Matt W
Expert

Post by Matt W »

Hello,

It sounds like you may have different versions of Drumagog conflicting with each other, which can be caused by a few different things. First, make sure you are using Drumagog 4.11 on the new system, as there are specific updates in 4.11 that add the ability to open projects created on other systems.

Next, you need to make sure that the instance of Drumagog you used in the old project is available on the new system. If, for example, you used the "Fixed Latency" version of Drumagog in a project, but the "Fixed Latency" version of Drumagog is not installed in the new system, then it won't load. The "Fixed" and "Non-Fixed" versions of Drumagog are actually un-related plugins according to Pro Tools, and have different plugin IDs, so Pro Tools will not substitute one with the other.
Matthew Werner
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
www.drumagog.com
avpmusic

Post by avpmusic »

well as far as i know, the version i installed before the update, was the full retail version, then i think drumagog came out with a newer update and i never updated to it (the recent one right now)

so i installed the newer version (not sure weather it was the 'fixed latecy' version) and its giving me problems.

can somebody direct me to the latest version i need that should solve my problem?
Matt W
Expert

Post by Matt W »

Drumagog normally installs two versions of itself, Drumagog and Drumagog (Fixed Latency). The difference is that the Fixed Latency version is only compatible with programs that offer Plugin Delay Compensation, while the plain "non-Fixed" version works with any host (albeit by disabling Delay Compensation). Depending on what your audio host is you normally will only use one or the other (depending if your audio host supports PDC or not). With Pro Tools, HD uses PDC while LE does not.

When Drumagog installs itself, it will attempt to detect what version of Pro Tools you have installed (HD or LE). Since the Fixed Latency version of Drumagog is only compatible with HD, if Drumagog detects the LE version it skips installing the Fixed Latency version. If it sees HD, or cannot tell, it installs both.

If you are now working on a Pro Tools LE system, but the project was saved using Drumagog (Fixed Latency), Pro Tools won't find the correct version of Drumagog to load and you will see the problem you are experiencing. Let me know the kind of Pro Tools systems you were using then and now, because once we know that we can try and find a way to fix the incorrect plugin version saved in your project.
Matthew Werner
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
www.drumagog.com
avpmusic

Post by avpmusic »

makes sense, i am using LE 8, previously the project was saved in LE 7.4.2

i dont know what to do.. i know for a fact i chose the option of LE when i originally ran the installer..
Matt W
Expert

Post by Matt W »

If the original project was created with the Fixed Latency version, and you can't go back to check or switch to the regular, LE-supported non-Fixed version, we may be able to get the project to open by adding the Fixed Latency version to your Pro Tools plugin folder. If you want to try this, send me an email (matt at drumagog d0t c0m), and I can send you the Fixed Latency plugin for PT. If we can get it to at least open, then you can check your settings, save a preset, etc, and then swap the Fixed version with the non-Fixed.
Matthew Werner
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
www.drumagog.com