Drumagog and Pro Tools 8

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

denmarkpro

Drumagog and Pro Tools 8

Post by denmarkpro »

Having problem with drumagog and PT 8 on a Mac 10.5.5. Worked on 7.4.2 no problem. Loads into strip but no audio from the plug or strip while engaged. No visual in drumagog. All other plugins are working except this one. Any help would be appreciated. Also downloaded and reinstalled drumagog, it did not help.
andymae

Post by andymae »

I am having the same experience. I am getting drumagog up, but now sound nor video. It worked fine in previous versions of PT...is there some type of upgrade/patch or fix??
Matt W
Expert

Post by Matt W »

Pro Tools 8 doesn't change anything related to RTAS plugins, and is officially supporting any plugin that was supported in 7.4 (like Drumagog). It sounds like the plugin database or possibly something like a preference file has been corrupted in the upgrade.

The first thing to try in this situation is re-running the Drumagog installer. I'd suggest using the "full retail" version of Drumagog, found on our website (http://www.drumagog.com/download.htm), though you usually will need to re-unlock Drumagog afterwards.
Matthew Werner
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
www.drumagog.com
andymae

Post by andymae »

thanks the solution worked.
ratio

Midi Pipe Bad Pointer-Pro Tools 8

Post by ratio »

I tried reinstalling as I was having the same problem with PT 8. Gog loads on one track. When I load on a second I get this error message:

error opening midi out (port midi: bad pointer)

Audio works intermittently. One take it's there, the next it is gone.

Any advice?

g
Matt W
Expert

Post by Matt W »

Can you tell me some additional information, like what kind of computer and OS you're using?

"Error opening MIDI port" usually is a result of having mis-configured virtual MIDI ports (like MIDI Pipe in Mac OS or MIDI Yoke in Windows). Are you using one of these?
Matthew Werner
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
www.drumagog.com
ratio

Post by ratio »

Thanks,
Using Mac Leopard 10.5.6

Got another email with the link to the Ocean Ways setup. I did not realize you needed to assign mulitple pipe midi ports.

What are some ways to optimize the midi function? I imagine there is some real time editing on the VI I need to do. I am getting poor signal at the midi inputs for Xpand. I've been testing it with their drum kits.

Is there always a delay with the midi setup?
Matt W
Expert

Post by Matt W »

There is some delay when using a utility like MIDI Pipe to re-route the signal for Pro Tools. At this time, since Pro Tools does not support any built-in way to route MIDI from plugins to MIDI tracks, using an outside utility is the only way to do this.

Regarding the question about signal level, I'm assuming the PT meter is showing the note velocities. Drumagog simply does a conversion from the detected hit's audio amplitude (in dB) to MIDI velocity. If you want higher velocities in your MIDI output, you will need to raise the value of the "Input" knob in Drumagog's Main window (and not the "Output" knob, which does not affect MIDI output), which raises the amplitude of the detected hits. It maxes out at +4 dB, so if you need more you could raise the gain of the audio track.
Matthew Werner
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
www.drumagog.com
Ashley06

Post by Ashley06 »

Just a heads up that PT8 isn't officially supported under 10.5.6 as yet, 10.5.5 is recommended :wink:
Powerbook G4, 1.5 GHz, 2GB RAM, Logic Pro 8.x, Protools 8.0cs2, Drumagog Platinum

Mac Pro Quad 2.66GHz, 5GB Ram, Digi 002, PT 8.0cs2 + CPTK add-on, Logic 8.x, BFD 2.1.0.47 and Drumagog Platinum
Gabriboy

Trust us your most precious treasure - your health.

Post by Gabriboy »

Start the New Year off with taking a big step towards improving your life!
Have a look at our specials going on and choose one or more of our life-improvement products to better your life and self-confidence...
You'll be so glad you did :)
Improve your health supersite

&2@d&d@25#25y