new to drumagog

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

cube

new to drumagog

Post by cube »

hi, I was trying to find a way to change the drum sounds of my EZ drummer and I was searching the net and found Drumagog. I downloaded the demo and installed it. Tried to open it through my FL 7 but it just crashes. it stops and i have to end the process. I would appreciate it if anyone can help me getting drumagog to work I mainly use EZ drummer as my drum machine. I don't have external instrument I just use the MIDI files in the EZ drummer and edit them as I need. I also have cubase sx3 if that will help too.

thanks in advance.
Matt W
Expert

Post by Matt W »

Are there any specific error messages when Drumagog crashes, after being added in Fruity Loops? And does it have a similar issue in Cubase? As both programs use the same VST version of the plugin that can tell us if the installer didn't install correctly.

Also, I'm not sure how you are routing Drumagog and EZ Drummer. Which plugin are you using to trigger the other? Drumagog is most often used on an audio track to then trigger a plugin like EZ Drummer, but using Drumagog's MIDI-In you could trigger Drumagog samples. I don't know if we've tried setting that up in the office, and I don't know if Fruity Loops would need MIDI Yoke to make the connection. We can take a look at this in-house and see.
Matthew Werner
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
www.drumagog.com
cube

Post by cube »

Thank you matt for the reply, I really appreciate your help and I know now that it works with the audio files not the MIDI so i tried to make a track of snare in FL then exported it to Cubase and then from the inserts I choosed drumagog and it changed the sound. However, If i have a track that includes snare, kick, toms and hi hat. would i be able to change the sound of a certain instrument but not touching the others? like just changing the kick sound ? or do i have to make it as a separate track?

thank you again
Matt W
Expert

Post by Matt W »

Drumagog works best when the tracks are separated, because the other drums can confuse Drumagog on what it should be triggering. However, we know that having completely isolated tracks isn't always an option, and even when they are separated there can be various amounts of bleed from the other drums.

For these instances we include a trigger filter. You'll find a complete description of it's different modes in the Drumagog manual (pg 77), but simply put it's used to filter unwanted audio from the triggering engine, so you can add a hi-pass filter to reduce the kick, etc.
Matthew Werner
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
www.drumagog.com