drumagog pro not showing off on pt7.0

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

matteo

drumagog pro not showing off on pt7.0

Post by matteo »

Hi!I have a big problem..last month I downloaded the demo version of drumagog,I installed it but I didn't see it on plugins on protools..it was like it didn't ever installed it...so I tought it was a demo problem and I decided to buy the pro version..I followed the steps of the installation on windows but I still can't see it!I still have to unlock the copy because I never used it..What's the problem?I just downloaded and run the little program vcredist_x86 but nothing still appear...Help me please!
Teri
Site Admin

Post by Teri »

Matteo,

If you are using ProTools on Windows, downloading and installing the vcredit_x86.exe file is a step in the right direction.

Just a reminder that Drumagog appears in the "Other" sub-menu in the ProTools Insert Menu.

At the beginning of installation, did you select the "custom" installation? If so, the Drumgog RTAS files may be in a different location, which could be causing your problem. I suggest checking that the appropriate Drumagog files (drumagog.dpm and drumagogFL.dpm) are in the following location:

C:\ProgramFiles\CommonFiles\Digidesign\DAE\Plugins

If the files are not in this location, I suggest reinstalling the "full retail version" of Drumagog Pro, and selecting the "Complete Installation" option. After this installation, install the vcredit_x86.exe file. After these steps, Drumagog should appear in the "Other" sub-menu of the ProTools Inserts Menu.

Let us know how this goes.
Teri Grossheim
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
matteo

Post by matteo »

I've just reinstalled the "full retail version"selecting the "complete installation"and the vcredit_x86.exe file but I still can't see the plug in..it doesn't appear in the "other" menu and in any other menu of protools plugins...what should I do now?!I'm going mad!
Teri
Site Admin

Post by Teri »

Matteo,

Can you tell us which Drumagog files are in the folder location stated above?
Teri Grossheim
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
matteo

Post by matteo »

In that folder are 4 files: drumagog.dll , drumagog.dpm ,

drumagog.dpm.rsr , drumagogFL.dll........I've just reinstalled

windows..and installed everything there was before...but nothing changed!

please let me know as soon as possible!
Teri
Site Admin

Post by Teri »

Thanks for the info,

What is your operating system (Vista or XP)? And version of ProTools (HD or LE)?

In the meantime, I suggest manually deleting the 4 Drumagog files, empty recycle bin, and reinstall the "full retail version" of Drumagog v4.10.
Teri Grossheim
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
matteo

Post by matteo »

I have windows xp and protools LE 7.0...I reinstalled the retail version..but there's still no plugin... :cry:
matteo

Post by matteo »

I've just installed protools 7.1 hoping to solve the problem but nothing changed...how's it possible?!I need to use drumagog for my work..and I'm really late because I still can't use it!please help me as soon as possible!thanks
Teri
Site Admin

Post by Teri »

Did you manually delete the four files suggested above before reinstalling the "full retail version" of Drumagog v4.10? Reinstalling ProTools will not make a difference here.

If not, please delete these files. In addition, go to the Start Menu>Programs>Drumagog 4>Uninstall Drumagog 4. If you have multiple listings of Drumagog in the Program Menu, also uninstall instances. Then install the "full retail version" of Drumagog v4.10.

We are trying to make sure that these files are being updated, which could be causing your issue.
Last edited by Teri on Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Teri Grossheim
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
Matt W
Expert

Tech Support Utility

Post by Matt W »

Just jumping in with another suggestion, you may need to use Pro Tool's Tech Support Utility, part of their "Tech Support Folder" download available on their website. You can use this to trash various Pro Tools prefs and databases, and can often fix various issues where plugins don't properly work/appear. You can find the Tech Support folder download at:

Tech Support Folder

Matt
matteo

Post by matteo »

I tried to understand something of that "Tech support utility" on digidesign website but I didn't succeed in doing it..so I wrote an email to the address you gave me in the last post..I hope to fix that problem!thanks!
matteo

Post by matteo »

Hey?!?!I still didn't receive an email from you...Any news for me?!?!
Teri
Site Admin

Post by Teri »

Hi Matteo,

I sent a follow up email about your issue, please check your inbox.
Teri Grossheim
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.