Multi layered samples triggering at their highest velocity

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

daribo

Multi layered samples triggering at their highest velocity

Post by daribo »

I'm pretty new to drumagog and am just working on my first project with it. I have the Steven Slate Drums LE pack that i'm trying to blend in with my existing track.

The problem I'm having is that the samples always trigger at their loudest velocity. I have tried playing with everything I can think of, read the Gog PDF manual twice but still no luck.
I have 'multilayer samples' checked, dynamics on 100 and I play with the sensitivity, but all that seems to do is trigger the loud on the rolls and ghost notes.
When I'm blending the sounds, I can hear the original snare building up underneath from soft to loud for example, but the triggered sample on top is at a constant volume.
I see on the second page that the muliple velocities are loaded and by auditioning them - they are what I want to be triggering instead of the big hits all the time.

I am replacing drums that have been recorded using BFD1 - could this be the problem? I wouldn't have thought so.

Any insight as to what i'm missing here would be gratefully recieved.

Many Thanks
Teri
Site Admin

Post by Teri »

Daribo,

Did you check how the GOG is configured in the Samples Tab? From your description, it seems like the dynamic group(s) are configured to trigger from loud audio. Go to the Samples Tab, then select "Groups". This will show you which dynamic groups are implemented, and which velocity/dynamic is assigned to a specific group.

You can move the groups up and down to higher/lower the dynamic/velocity.
Teri Grossheim
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
recordingalex

Post by recordingalex »

I think dynammic group is probably the problem.
daribo

Post by daribo »

I did try that - even tried moving them to extremes but still only the highest velocity groups were triggered or nothing at all.

I can audition the sounds and hear what I want to be triggered, but it just doesn't seem to get triggered at all.

Could the fact that I am replacing a BFD track that is played in effect 'live', via MIDI everytime the track is played be anything to do with it?

Very strange.
Farview
Expert

Post by Farview »

How loud are the hits you are replacing? If the signal is approaching 0dbfs, it will only trigger the loudest hits.

Turn down the signal coming into Drumagog. If Drumagog won't trigger a lower signal, you need to lower the sensitivity until it does.