Using drumagog during drum rolls

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

analogboy

Using drumagog during drum rolls

Post by analogboy »

Hello

My plan is to use drumagog samples under my original drum sounds to thicken everything up. I recorded my kit with 12 mics, so I got a decent sound already, but I want that "studio" sound of modern records.

Anways, my question is about using drumagog with drum rolls. I have a couple parts where I do a drum roll for an entire section, not a loud roll mind you, but its more like a 4/4 roll with the accent on the 4 count. How would drumagog work with something like this?

Thanks
Supersonic
Expert

Post by Supersonic »

You want to set up your dynamic group levels to trigger the proper velocity hits. Play with your sensitivity settings to trigger all sounds and set your dynamic tracking knob according to taste. If your rolls aren't very loud, you may want to alter the wave form a bit (raise the gain at the transient) in order to get proper triggering.
Supersonic Samples @ Drumagog
Heavy Hitters Edition Coming Soon!!!
analogboy

Post by analogboy »

Thanks for the reply. I think I am going to purchase wither supersonic samples or the steven slate ones, but I am not exactly sure which one to get. Any insights?
Supersonic
Expert

Post by Supersonic »

Well, both are fine libraries that you'll use the heck out of. Of course I'm partial to Supersonic ;) + the download option can put the samples in your hands in a matter of an hour. As far as the libraries go, they don't really overlap each other... they compliment each other very well and most users enjoy both libraries down the road.
analogboy

Post by analogboy »

Yeah, that makes sense. Maybe you can answer this question for me Supersonic, since you have been so helpful so far. Lets say I decide to place the samples manually, (I know, very tedious) Would I line up the beginning of the waveform, or the transients?
Supersonic
Expert

Post by Supersonic »

The transients are what you should start with. If there ends up being any phasing, then move them slightly BEFORE the transient.

have fun,
E.