Latency in SONAR 6 and How to freeze track

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

majortom

Latency in SONAR 6 and How to freeze track

Post by majortom »

I'm using Sonar 6 and I instantiate Drumagog (Fixed Latency) before BFD (using the latest beta) as the manual says and I still get quite a bit of latency. The delay seems to be about the same as the sound card buffer (RME AES-32 set at 2048 samples). Because I'm mixing and am using tons o' plugs I can't set it any lower. Any solutions upcoming?

Also how would I go about freezing the BFD track in Sonar 6. When I freeze it, it comes up empty. I ask because I was going to slide the tracks to account for the latency. Should I use the bounce feature instead?

Thanks for your help. This would be the end-all-be-all combination of products if it worked properly.
majortom

Post by majortom »

Nothing?
zumbido
Expert

Post by zumbido »

I believe, in Sonar, you must do a few 'extra' things...

SONAR

Since I use Cubase and not Sonar, I can only relate a few things that might help.

I don't think you need to use the 'fixed latency' version - I think that's for ProTools HD, but I could be wrong.

Also in Cubase, one needs to select 'plug-in delay compensation'. Perhaps there is something similar in Sonar?

Also, within BFD, make sure that the DRUMAGOG box is checked. I can't recall where exactly that can be found.

Hopefully these can help a bit.
majortom

Post by majortom »

Thanks for the help but I've done everything these forums and the manual suggests and still no luck.
Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim »

Several users have reported this latency issue with Sonar and BFD. We're looking into it. In the mean time, because the latency is consistant, it's a matter of nudging the track by 80ms, and everything should line up perfectly.

Best Regards,
Rim Buntinas
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
majortom

Post by majortom »

Freezing doesn't seem to work, but bounce to track does. Then I can nudge it like you say. Works, but not very elegant. Thanks for looking into it.