Ok..here's a request for Drumagog Platinum/BFD functionality

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

animix

Ok..here's a request for Drumagog Platinum/BFD functionality

Post by animix »

I want to instantiate a different BFD kick on two kick tracks (beater and head) and a different BFD snare for two snare tracks (over and under). then I want to be able to process each of these BFD tracks with separate compressors in Cubase SX.

The only way to process BFD tracks is to process the VSTi itself, which, since it is BFD stereo, involves processing the entirety of whatever is being played back through the BFD VSTi. This basically only allows one compressor for BFD.

What I have tried to do is to open BFD, load only a kick, then open Drumagog on the first Kick track, apply this BFD sample to the kick using Drumagog, then compress this by opening an UAD-1 1176 on the BFD VSTi insert (which only has a kick loaded). Next I open aother instance of BFD as a VSTi, load a second (and completely different) kick sample to this VSTi, then open Drumagog on the next kick track and apply this second kick to the second kick track.

This results in the first kick track being muted. Yeah......I know this sounds unnecessary and over the top when I could just blend the original tracks and process them, but I have my reasons for wanting to process entirely processed (unblended) original tracks. It would be nice to just be able to open as many BFD VSTis' as you wanted. load only a single drum of whatever type to each instance of BFD and apply separate kicks, snares, etc to any track you want that has Drumagog inserted and compress/process each BFD VSTi (which is only one drum) separately. Am I missing something or is this just not possible? Will BFD ultra work somehow to accomplish this?

Poor Rim........after working your butt off on this for at least two years and nailing it beautifully, now some wierdo like me comes along and wants it to do more. It never ends, does it? :lol:

Thanks,

DJ
ADK Q9450 OC'ed to 3.2GHz; Gigabyte GA-EP35-DS3; PNY Quadro; 4G RAM
SSL Duende PCIe
UAD-2 Quad
Magma x 13 PCI > PCI w/ 4 x UAD-1 cards
Magma x 13 PCIe > PCI w/ RME Multiface, RME MADI, and RME AES 32
Cubase 4.5x
Ashley06

Post by Ashley06 »

Seems like you're missing something.

You could just run BFD All/Ultra and process the individual outs with compression, etc... or route them to a bus and compress that.

You can load as many kicks/snares as you like in BFD and have drumagog trigger them. Note; loading a snare to any slot other than a snare one will result in you only having hit and rim hits.

:wink:
Powerbook G4, 1.5 GHz, 2GB RAM, Logic Pro 8.x, Protools 8.0cs2, Drumagog Platinum

Mac Pro Quad 2.66GHz, 5GB Ram, Digi 002, PT 8.0cs2 + CPTK add-on, Logic 8.x, BFD 2.1.0.47 and Drumagog Platinum
zumbido
Expert

Post by zumbido »

Ashley's right about this.

You can have TWO kicks with BFD Ultra.

Plus you can have more by adding gogs.

I almost always have a gog AND BFD kick plus the ambiance channels.

Use a gog kick with just the BFD ambiance channels.

Or use the original kick with the BFD ambiance channels.

Lots of mixing possibilities.

Of course use the above method for snares and toms, too.

You can also load kicks into the hihat channel (or any channel) of BFD if you need even more!