Saving Drumagog

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

Andrew07

Saving Drumagog

Post by Andrew07 »

What am I doing wrong? When I'm using Drumagog in a session I select that particular session folder, I then choose the .wav samples I want, tweak them, label it, then click 'Save GOG.' If I close the session then reopen it everything is OK. If I then open another song and insert Drumagog it won't work. I keep getting a "^ 0 Error" or the samples will load but not audio will play. Also on the Samples page it won't let me open the 'Groups' tab.

Would all of this stop if I just use the GOG folder as my main folder selection (instead of switching folders for each song)? I'm not quite sure if I've organized my GOG folder properly, though. I copied and pasted the .gog files into the GOG folder, and when I insert Drumagog on a track all of these .gog files come up in a long ole list on the main Drumagog page. I found it easier navigating through the .wavs when I could sort through the sample folders individually
Andrew07

Post by Andrew07 »

Man, this is driving me crazy. Ok, so I open up a session
Insert Drumagog on a track
Go to its advanced page and chose a folder on my desktop I named "Settings"
Load in several .wavs of drum hits
No sound will play
But if I bypass the plugin it'll work

This is all in Cubase SX3 on a Mac OSX 10.4.8. Also after I choose the folder on the advanced page, load in the wavs, title it, and select "Save GOG" it won't save in the folder I've selected. It puts it on the desktop.

This is also weird: If I select "Desktop" on the "Advanced" page, after I load, title, save, it will store the settings in ANOTHER folder on my desktop
Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim »

Andrew,

You're using Drumagog the wrong way. Here's how it works:

- The gog folder cannot contain anything but gog files (no WAV files, etc.). It's best not to change this folder from the original path. If you change it, you won't be able to see the 4GB of gog files that drumagog comes with.

- To load WAV files, go to the main page in Drumagog, and use the sample folder pull-down menu to choose "Browse...". Then, pick your WAV file. That's all there is to it. If you want to, you can press the "Add" button below the sample selection box to add this WAV file to your favorites. This way, you can recall it very quickly next time. Pressing the "Favorites" button alternates the screen between your favorites and the gog files.

If you want to turn that WAV file into a gog file, you can do this as well (although usually gog files are better for multisamples, instead of single WAV files). To do this, go to the samples page, and click "New". Then, click on "Add from file", and pick your WAV file (or many WAV files, if you have more than one volume level, etc.). Name the gog file at the top, and press Save Gog.

That's the correct way to convert a WAV file to a gog file.

Best Regards,
Rim Buntinas
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.