Triggering Drumagog via midi

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

bharvey

Triggering Drumagog via midi

Post by bharvey »

I have a set of Roland Vdrums with Sonar 4 Producer and I was wondering how to trigger the drumagog sounds. I can track the Vdrums and playback through the Vdrum head. I use drumagog to replace my live drums but would like to trigger it with the midi recordings. Is this possible?
joey_capps

Post by joey_capps »

I've figured out how to use Midi to trigger Drumagog, but I have two other questions on this subject.

1) Is there a limit to the number of tracks in to which you can insert Drumagog? I seem to run into difficulties with anything more than three tracks. Drumagog seems to freeze up when I try to insert it on a fourth channel. Could this be a RAM issue--I have 1G and I'm certainly not taxing my CPU by any means.

2) I'm using Cubase SX3, and normally I would use the "fixed latency" version. However, when triggering via an already recorded Midi track, I have to use the "regular" version, and the zero-latency, live option. Shouldn't the latency issues be taken care of? I don't have this problem with any other VST instruments.

Cheers,

Joe.
joey_capps

Post by joey_capps »

The first problem I am having seems to apply to non-midi triggered audio tracks as well. I was wrong, though, in saying that the program freezes. Actually, when adding the fourth insert, a light brown window comes up and the dials only appear when I click on them. The insert still plays, however, but I can't get to the advanced or samples pages. When trying to add a fifth insert a small, brown window comes up and nothing else will happen.

If this is a RAM issue, I can add more. But, before I do I'd like to know. The CPU load is only around 20%, and the Hard Disk Transfer Load is less than 5%.

I've tried reinstalling the program, but it seems to make no difference.

Cheers,

Joe.

P.S. Maybe this thread should be moved to the Problems Forum.
joey_capps

Post by joey_capps »

It was a RAM issue. Adding 2Gbs solved the problem. Didn't need to add that much, really, but it's nice having the extra headroom.

Cheers,

Joe