CPU problem in Pro Tools 9

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

hammock

CPU problem in Pro Tools 9

Post by hammock »

I am trying the trial version of Drumagog 5 Platinum and all I have running in my session is a single imported drum track. I have Drumagog 5 inserted and then EZ Drummer inserted in Drumagog. I get an error in Pro Tools saying I am running out of CPU power and to remove plugins or delete tracks. My CPU meter never goes above 10% and I have the buffer in Pro Tools maxed out and I still get the error. How can this be? I have one track and just the 2 plugins running. My computer is a base model 27" iMac with the i3 processor. Is the computer not fast enough to run this plugin? It's a bummer because I really like the plugin but I definitely won't buy it if it won't work on my computer.
Chris M
Expert

Re: CPU problem in Pro Tools 9

Post by Chris M »

Hello,

Do you have any trouble running Drumagog by itself? Hosting plugins is certainly more CPU intensive, but if you're having trouble running Drumagog in the first place it may be a different issue.

Restarting your computer, closing other programs, and raising your CPU usage limit are all things you could try.

Best,

Chris
WaveMachine Labs
hammock

Post by hammock »

Yes, it runs fine by itself, it's just when I run plugin hosting with EZ Drummer that I have CPU issues. I made it through a couple songs on different occasions but it usually crashes. Tried rebooting, uninstalling and same issue.
Chris M
Expert

Post by Chris M »

Hello,

Reinstalling Drumagog is also always worth a try. Running Drumagog in another DAW would also give you an idea of whether the CPU issue is specific to ProTools, or whether it is your overall system.

Best,

Chris
WaveMachine Labs
neilwilkes
Expert

Post by neilwilkes »

FWIW, PT9.x is giving a lot of people these CPU errors.
Are you running PT with proper acredited DodgyDesign/Avid hardware, or native?
Native performance blows.....and you lose 60% of the features too.....
Nuendo 5, 5.5 & 6 and Cubase 6,7 & 7.5 with WK-ID Controller.
Fully 64-bit Intel Xeon E5-2687W 8-Core CPU with 32GB Quad Channel RAM
Adam A7 x 5, RME RayDAT 1 into 2 RME ADI-8 DS, Tascam DA-88 to RME ADI-8.