newbie drumagog problems

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

vask100

newbie drumagog problems

Post by vask100 »

gentlemen; i am new to drumagog, but i'm anxious and excited about what life it can give my midi to audio drum tracks. however, i am facing a couple of issues that i can't seem to navigate around.
#1; the program is installed but when using it with my DAW SONAR 7, once inserted the program seems to lock up sonar.

#2; where is my drumagog library? the pdf manual mentions going online for the library but it took me to their website and directed me to a "demo". please advise. i have virtually no sounds (2 or 3) in the drumagog vst.

#3; it appears also that drumagog is being recognized by sonar as an audio fx insert; i'm wondering if that is having an effect on it locking up the DAW. if this is the case, is there a way to remove drumagog from the insert FX and change it to the vst plug ins?

i realize i may have to get authorization to download it again (my music computer is not connected to the internet), but i'm wondering if i should uninstall the product and do a complete re-install.

thanks in advance.
Jack
Expert

Re: newbie drumagog problems

Post by Jack »

Hello,

We are sorry about the trouble with Drumagog 5 on your system. The reason for the crash is due to an incompatibility issue with your Video DPI settings. There is a simple fix for this: Right click on shortcut and change display settings according to the display adapter. Drumagog 5 will show up as an effects insert in any DAW.

Drumagog 5 requires a new sample library. The new samples are available on our website here: http://www.drumagog.com/support/downloads. Log in to your account and download the new sample library. Unzip the library into your Drumgog 5 GOG files.

Cheers,
Jack
Jack Goodall
WaveMachine Labs
http://www.drumagog.com
vask100

Post by vask100 »

unfortunately, to date none of your suggestions have been successful. first, you reference this:
The reason for the crash is due to an incompatibility issue with your Video DPI settings. There is a simple fix for this: Right click on shortcut and change display settings according to the display adapter.
right click on which shortcut? also, are you referring to my video DPI settings in windows control panel or somewhere else?

additionally, i downloaded an .exe file for PC from the drumagog website (supposedly the library) which seems to have basically run the same program (with interlok drivers) but still nothing that appears to be a "library" of drum sounds. i've watched a couple of youtube tutorials and drumagog doesn't seem overly complicated. it seems though i've gotten off to a confusing start with it. please advise.
Jack
Expert

Post by Jack »

Hello,

The shortcut is for Sonar, and it is Sonar's video display settings that it refers to.

If you click on the link from the last post, you should be sent to the downloads page that includes the entire Drumagog 5 sample library. The .exe installer only includes a few samples in the Demo Collection.
Jack Goodall
WaveMachine Labs
vask100

Post by vask100 »

thank you for your patience; i'm at a loss for where there is a "video display setting" for sonar. the manual makes no reference to it, so i'm confused as to where to locate the "shortcut" previously referred to.

also; it seems there is a problem with the download link for the drumagog5 library. after logging into my account, i'm led to an option on the download page that says "the drumagog 5 sample library is available to drumagog customers, login here". after doing just that, i'm taken back to my account page which presents the option to download the mac or pc version of drumagog in black text, and just below in red text is the option to "download gog sample library". when i choose the download pc option, i get the demo.exe download; alternately, when i choose the red download sample library i'm presented again with the "the drumagog 5 sample library is available to drumagog customers login here" option, i get taken back to the downloads page, a frustrating cycle. again, thank you for your attention and patience in this matter.
Jack
Expert

Post by Jack »

Hello,

As for the downloads, this is related to your browser. The reason you can't seem to download something is that each time you click on a link, your browser is logging you out. You need to have cookies enabled, at least for the Drumagog website. Or you can try another browser.

As for compatibility, Drumagog is a VST insert effects. It will only show up as an insert effects under the VST sub folder, because that's what it is.

Ignore the video display settings. At first this sounded like a different issue, but it sounds more basic than that. What exactly happens when you try to insert Drumagog on an empty audio track in an empty project? Also your exact system specs would be great to know.

Cheers,
Jack
Jack Goodall
WaveMachine Labs
vask100

Post by vask100 »

thanks again; here are my system specs. i'm not hugely literate in this area, but if this will assist in diagnosing things, great;
Specifications
System manufacturer/System Model:P5K-VM
BIOS Version: American Megatrends Inc. 0803
Processor
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz
Version: x86 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 11
Speed:2400 MHz
Operating System
Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Version:5.1.2600
Service Pack: 2.0
PID:55274-648-9422585-23857
Hot Fix:KB893803v2
Memory (RAM) Capacity:4 GB

i'm looking into how to enable the "cookies" so drumagog won't kick me out everytime i try to download the files; i use windows internet explorer 8 as my browser, and i believe i have enabled the drumagog website to allow all cookies from their site. i may need to restart the computer for this to take effect, but i'll return shortly to see what progress i've made. again, thanks for your continued patience.
Jack
Expert

Post by Jack »

Thanks for the info. Usually system specs is just your operating system and audio program, but don't worry :)

Could you tell me what happens when you try to insert Drumagog onto a track in a brand new project? This will tell us if Drumagog is the reason, or if your project is corrupted.

Cheers,
Jack
Jack Goodall
WaveMachine Labs
vask100

Post by vask100 »

the project(s) of which i have tried a few different ones to eliminate the "corrupted" possiblities, pre-insertions run fine; i insert drumagog directly into the fx bin of the drum track; upon hitting "play" the session simply doesn't start. once i delete drumagog from the track, all is well. one thing of note is when i first installed the program, i did get a kick drum to work with a particular kick track; leading me to believe (at least with the demo sounds) all would be ok when i was prepared to work on other tunes. i got this at xmas time, and now that i'm ready to get into it on a larger scale there are these issues.

still working on the "enable cookie" issue.
Jack
Expert

Post by Jack »

Thanks for the info. To rule out that there is a problem with a plugin, the only way is to not add Drumagog to your existing projects.

1) Create a brand new, blank session in Sonar, with no tracks

2) Create one empty audio track in the project

3) Import some test audio onto that track (NOTE: it doesn't matter what the audio is, as long it can trigger Drumagog)

4) Insert Drumagog onto that audio track, and see if it plays back normally

If in this test Drumagog works normally and plays back, then the problem in your other projects would be that Sonar's audio engine is "dropping out" when you try to playback a project with Drumagog. In other words, you don't have enough free system resources to simply add Drumagog to that project. Try freeing up some system resources by either freezing other tracks with virtual instruments or other effects on them, or try bumping up Sonar's buffer size and see if you can get it to play back that way.
Jack Goodall
WaveMachine Labs
vask100

Post by vask100 »

jack; seems as though it actually IS a resource issue and not a program issue. i've been able to run D5 on other song sessions (with just the demo kik and snare for test sake) however i don''t know (and i don't know how i could) what is the resource limit with respect to when D5 will work and when it won't. i suppose i'll have to just experiment with the songs, and as stated, freeze some other tracks to free up enough resources to use in the needed track. on another note, am i understanding D5's capability as one where
should i choose to mix in another DAW (pro tools, for example) and when i export the drum files with the D5 plugin, i'll be exporting the sound i've edited with D5? otherwise, it seems D5 would only be useful when i'm mixing in sonar.

lastly, i've gone to IE8 and enabled all cookies for www.
drumagog.com/downloads/support with no success
for the downloadable library. i currently am on a different computer in my home, hoping i'd achieve the downloadable files; unfortunately, i have not. please advise.
Jack
Expert

Post by Jack »

As for the cookies, you need to have cookies on for all of www.drumagog.com. Your link for the sample library was not correct, but the entire domain must be open. You can turn cookies off once you have downloaded the sample library, if you wish.
Jack Goodall
WaveMachine Labs
vask100

Post by vask100 »

i've enabled ALL cookies, AND allowing all cookies from http://www.drumagog.com; thus far i'm getting the same results. please advise.

also; i posted this earlier
on another note, am i understanding D5's capability as one where
should i choose to mix in another DAW (pro tools, for example) and when i export the drum files with the D5 plugin, i'll be exporting the sound i've edited with D5? otherwise, it seems D5 would only be useful when i'm mixing in sonar.
am i understanding this correctly?
Jack
Expert

Post by Jack »

There's really only another reason that your browser would behave like this: The account you're logged into does not have a registered Drumagog 5 product (only registered owners of Drumagog 5 can access the sample library). Could you please send me (or email to info@drumagog.com) the information for your account with which you purchased Drumagog 5?

As for mixing in another DAW, you can certainly bounce your track to Pro Tools and you will hear Drumagog 5's edits on the track. This is the case with all real-time plugins.
Jack Goodall
WaveMachine Labs
vask100

Post by vask100 »

it was bought as a xmas gift by my spouse; i'll get back to you shortly.