Random Latecy

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

Charvel

Random Latecy

Post by Charvel »

I search the forum and could not find a post for this. I am experiencing random latency problems. This is not just between the original and the sample. it is also happening say if I copy the snare channel and put a sample on both. I am making sue to use the exact same settings on both channels, so that is not the problem. Anyone else having this problem? If so is there a fix for it? Wow is this frustrating. At least with KT Trigger you could just move that one midi hit if you experienced something like this. I can't figure out how to help this.
Jack
Expert

Re: Random Latecy

Post by Jack »

Hello,

Just to clarify, you are experiencing inconsistent latency issues? If not between the original audio and the sample, then where is the latency? Are the hits triggering correctly, and the sample comes in late?

What are your exact settings that you have running (i.e. Auto-Align, Sensitivity, etc.)? What is your exact operating system and your audio program you are using?
Jack Goodall
WaveMachine Labs
http://www.drumagog.com
Charvel

Post by Charvel »

I am using Cubase 5. The problem occurs in both auto align and peak mode. If we are talking about the source material to the sample, the sample will miss align from time to time. Both ahead of the source matl. and behind it (not on the same hit of course) . Creating a flam type of sound. The same hold true if I were to say take my original snare track and make a copy of it, then put a put Drumagog on both of the channels in an attempt to blend two snare sounds together. The sensitivity settings are set exactly the same on both channels. So even if the aren't perfect they should still read and respond in the same manner. That being said the drums are playing correctly, just not always synced up well with each other.
Charvel

Post by Charvel »

Oh, I forgot my operating syst. is Vista 64.
Jack
Expert

Post by Jack »

See if turning off Auto-Align helps this issue. Also, check the Settings section and let me know which version of Drumagog 5 you are running? You should be running v5.03b (an update available from your account), as we have been updating the Auto-Align function.

You can feel free to send us a snippet of the track if you still have issues.

Cheers,
Jack
Jack Goodall
WaveMachine Labs
http://www.drumagog.com