INSTALLATION ISSUE IN SONAR 8 PRO

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

DRStudios

INSTALLATION ISSUE IN SONAR 8 PRO

Post by DRStudios »

I've been trying to install 5 Pro for a good portion of the evening and am becoming a bit frustrated. Have other people been having issues with getting version 5 to work with Sonar 8? I installed the newest updated version and ensured that the iLok feature installed properly (I will not be using this though) but have still yielded no results. It seems the main problem is with Sonar properly reading the Drumagog5.dll file. Any help with this is greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance,

Greg Gallant
Death Rattle Studios
mistrbigg

Re: INSTALLATION ISSUE IN SONAR 8 PRO

Post by mistrbigg »

im currently using sonar 8 64 bit within windows 7 64.. runs flawlessly.

here are some possible fixes? (maybe youve already tried these but what the heck)

did you go into the plugin manager within sonar...(tools/cakewalk plugins manager menu) and try going to vst configuration options and manually adding the location of the drumagog.dll file to the list of locations? if not thats where i would start first. make sure you add the directory where it is located though..through to the sub directory if needed..the base dir wont work if the dll is in a sub directory.

after locating the dir..push the add button and then ok..then ok again. restart sonar.. and see if it loads in your vst plugins dir.

if that doesnt work.. speak up.. i gots lots more ideas to try

hope it works
Jack
Expert

Post by Jack »

Greg,

Sonar x64 is currently buggy with Pace drivers, and Cakewalk and Pace are currently working to resolve this. However, if you can authorize Drumoagog 5 with Challenge/Response in any other audio program, Drumagog will work with Sonar (once it's authorized once on the system, it's authorized in all audio programs).

Cheers,
Jack
Jack Goodall
WaveMachine Labs
http://www.drumagog.com
DRStudios

Post by DRStudios »

Jack,

While I suppose that may be a possible solution, the only DAW used in my studio is Sonar 8. Do you know if there is a time-frame for a possible solution to the driver issues? Thanks for your time.
DRStudios

Post by DRStudios »

@ mistrbigg; Unfortunately your suggestion was what I had originally tried when coming across this error. The vst scanner just freezes completely as soon as it comes across the Drumagog5.dll file. Also, I am trying to create my own gog file in version 4 but cannot seem to use the Add From File feature for some reason. I have saved several snare clips to a folder for this use but nothing seems to happen when I click the Add From File button on the sample page after creating a new gog file. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if its a technical issue. Anyway, thanks again for the help.
Jack
Expert

Post by Jack »

Greg,

Unfortunately since the issue is between Cakewalk and Pace, we have no way of telling how far along the solution is. We do know that they are working on a fix at the moment. Until then, you could try downloading any free DAW in the meantime to try authorizing Drumagog 5 (i.e.Reaper)

Cheers,
Jack
Jack Goodall
WaveMachine Labs
DRStudios

Post by DRStudios »

Thank you for the response. Do you know what I might be doing wrong regarding the Add From File feature? It seems as if the button is unresponsive for some reason. The Add From Track function seems to be working but its giving me a very unrealistic reproduction of the snare hits. Thanks again.
Jack
Expert

Post by Jack »

Hello,

Just to clarify, the Add from File feature is just in Drumagog 4, which I assume is what you are referring to?. There had been reports of problems with the file browsers in Sonar x64 and Drumagog 4 not working well together. We've tested this in other audio programs, and have not had any issues. Using the x64 of Sonar may still cause these issues with that feature. Hopefully Pace and Sonar will have a fix soon, so you will be able to use Drumagog 5 in Sonar x64 and not have to worry about this.
Jack Goodall
WaveMachine Labs
voigty

Post by voigty »

I am running sonar 8.5 32 bit on Pentium 3.2ghz. I also still have Sonar 4 on the system. Drumagog 5 appears and operates fine in Sonar 4. It doesn't appear in Sonar 8.5 except for in the plugin manager where it appears as a legacy wrapped vst effect but doesn't allow for it to be added or any editing of it's properties. I use the challenge/response for authorisation. Would this issue be connected to the earlier post re pace drivers or be something else? Cheers
emwhy

Post by emwhy »

See the other topic, I posted a potential solution.