Drumagog 5 quick question.

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

jwnc

Drumagog 5 quick question.

Post by jwnc »

Hi,

I have been a long time user and can't wait for DG5. My question is I would love to use my toontrack sup2 sounds internally in DG5. How will the triggering be when using this vst inside it? Would be as accurate and triggering a normal wav? Retriggering VST via midi has never been very accurate as it needs to be.

Can't wait!
Thanks
Jason
jwnc

Re: Drumagog 5 quick question.

Post by jwnc »

any ideas? I would love to know this please....

Thanks
Jason
Matt W
Expert

Post by Matt W »

While you won't be able to load the Superior Drummer samples directly into Drumagog (since they're protected files and can only be loaded by Superior), with Drumagog Platinum you will directly trigger Superior in real-time, without having to create a MIDI track, bounce Drumagog's MIDI out, route to your VSTi, etc, all of which made using Drumagog's MIDI out less accurate.
Matthew Werner
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
www.drumagog.com
jwnc

Post by jwnc »

Thanks.. but the question was more or less loading VSTs inside DG5, will it trigger as well and as accurate then if using GOGs. Will the trigger engine be as accurate, etc?

Thanks
Jason
Matt W
Expert

Post by Matt W »

GOG files will be the most accurate because they will work with Auto-Align 2. VST instrument samples may or may not start right at the opening transient, so the best Drumagog 5 can do is just trigger the VSTi when it detects a hit.
Matthew Werner
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
www.drumagog.com