creating gog files

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

thederek

creating gog files

Post by thederek »

hey guys......just got drumagog a few months ago and i love it!!!
well anyways, i was wondering how to create a gog file of my own. i'm mixing a project in which the drummer really wants the deftones' snare drum. i managed to find a song with a single hit at the beginning and make my own sample. problem is.......although it sounds good, it also sounds fake. i need a way to add some random multisamples in with it.
thanx

-derek
Dan Duskin

Post by Dan Duskin »

that's tricky. it's never going to sound as good as a "multi-sample"

you can export the sample, duplicate it a few times... pitch one up 3 cents, one up 6 cents, one down 3 cents, and one down 6 cents... then duplicate those... _slightly_ roll off the highs on those duplicates... duplicate the first first un-filtered (pitched) set again... _slightly_ roll off the lows on those duplicates... duplicate the first first un-filtered (pitched) set again... _slightly_ filter out some mids on those duplicates... then re-import all of them (you will now have 20 samples instead of 1)... it's not going to sound anything as good as a REAL multi-sample set, but it "may" help
STUDIO 201

- Nuendo 3.2.0.1128
- XP Pro SP2 & all updates
- Dual Xeon 2.6GHz
- Matrox G550 v5.93.009
- Hammerfall DSP v2.94.3
- PowercoreFW v1.9.6
- 2xUAD-1 v4.1
- MackieControl + 2 Ext.
Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim »

That's right - to use the random multisample feature in Drumagog, you need to actually have a bunch of samples of that snare. If you can get more than one sample from the song, it would sound better, or, like Dan said modify the sample you already have and import all of these into a gog file.

Actually creating a gog fille is explained in the manual.

Regards,
Rim