Random multisample problem

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

Goonga

Random multisample problem

Post by Goonga »

I have a snare GOG with about 7 samples loaded into it, but for some reason I can't tick the 'random multisample' box in the main window when using it. What am I doing wrong??

Cheers
Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim »

The random multisamples checkbox only works if your gog file has random multisamples in it.

Here's the way it works: when you add your own samples to the samples box (in the samples page), they are automatically assigned to different dynamic groups, based on their original volume. This is not always what you want, because your samples may have been normalized (all at the same volume), so it's usually best to set them all to "manual" mode after you add them, by clicking on each one and selecing "manual". Next, adjust the trigger level (this knob also appears after you click on a sample in the samples page). This tells Drumagog at what audio level a particular sample will play at.

Each color in the box represents a different dynamic "group". More than one sample belonging to a given group (color) will automatically become a random multisample. In other words, if there are 3 yellow samples, they will all play at random when Drumagog reaches that group's particular trigger level while doing its replacing.

Best Regards,
Rim Buntinas
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.