Pro Tools Duplicate Track MASSIVE BUG

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

theoaronson

Pro Tools Duplicate Track MASSIVE BUG

Post by theoaronson »

Typically when using sound replacement software like drumagog, I'll duplicate either the kick or snare track, rename it (i.e. SNR GOG), then slap drumagog on the insert. I just figured out a work around for a bug that almost had me stop using Drumagog permanently. In order to use plugin effectively you need to create a new audio track and should just copy and paste audio you want to use to trigger onto the new track you will be using drumagog on.

Dear programmers,

Open a pro tools session with some drums. Edit the drums a little bit, create a few playlists. Then duplicate one of those tracks (such as kick or snare) and try using drumagog on it. Now solo just the track with drumagog on it. Notice the sound doesn't trigger. Then solo the original snare track and the gog track. Now you'll hear it. Now un-solo the original snare. Gone again. Very strange bug. Easy workaround, but would be nice if plugin could work in duplicate track scenarios as well.

Thanks!

-Theo
Matt W
Expert

Re: Pro Tools Duplicate Track MASSIVE BUG

Post by Matt W »

Can you let us know what system you're running this on? Tried it on one of our PT rigs and didn't see Drumagog do that, so let us know the specific OS, PT version, Drumagog version, etc that you have.

Thanks!
Matthew Werner
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
www.drumagog.com