Different results with same settings (Phase issue)

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

MAW

Different results with same settings (Phase issue)

Post by MAW »

I have the following problem. placed Drumagog 5 at the insert of a snaretrack. I bounced the track 2 two times in a row, change absolutely nothing, no settings, no volume. I didn't even leave the exportscreen of cubase 6. Drumagog5 triggered the lower hits DIFFERENT(!) the second time. It even triggered hits it didn't trigger the first time. I want to trigger the same Snare track with more than one sample, what is very common today, but how should I do that if Drumagog starts deciding to trigger the hits diffrent the every time?

Screenshot right here:

the Settings are:

Advanced mode at 40ms latency

dynamicmultisamples on
dynamictracking off
articulation off
stealthmode off
left/righthand off
Randommultisamples off
Auto Align 2.0 on
AutoHihat off

Resolution Auto
Sensitivity 14,6 dB

System: Mac OSX Snow Leopard
Cubase 6.0.3 Build 345
Drumagog 5.11 Platinum
Matt W
Expert

Re: Different results with same settings (Phase issue)

Post by Matt W »

Hmm, that's an usual behavior that you're seeing. What you're talking about is something that's called being "deterministic", which is that when the same thing is input twice the same result happens both times. Drumagog should generally behave deterministically (though there are a bunch of reasons why there might be slight differences that pop up, usually very slight differences), so let's try and see what's affecting it here.

Two quick questions:

1: What did you use as the loaded sample? I see you have Random multisamples and Dynamic Tracking off, so do you just have a single .wav or AIFF loaded, or a more complex GOG file? Is it one of the included samples, a 3rd-party sample, or one you've made yourself?

2. Could you email us (support at drumagog.com) a short section of the source track, specifically in those spots you included in your screenshot? Our developers could use that to see if there's something about the source that's causing Drumagog 5 "decide" things differently.

Thanks!
Matthew Werner
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
www.drumagog.com
MAW

Post by MAW »

Hi Matt,

1. I created the gogfile myself, with Drumagog 4 there was never a problem with that gogfile. And it is only a single hit, if I turn off random multisamples it is the same problem.

2. Just emailed the source to support at drumagog com, i hope there is a sollution too that whole thing.

Thanks,
Marc
Matt W
Expert

Post by Matt W »

OK, we'll take a look and see what we can find.
Matthew Werner
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
www.drumagog.com