Drumagog 5 Crashing PTHD

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

perryr

Drumagog 5 Crashing PTHD

Post by perryr »

Drumagog 5.11 crashing in PTHD 9.0.3. 10.6.6. Dual 2.4 Quad Core 8GB Ram.

I have been using Drumagog 5 for several months without issue. I downloaded the new Rock 3 & Ultra Drums samples and have not been able to use Drumagog since. Coincidence, not sure, but thats the only thing that has changed. I removed the sample folders and the problem remains.

Some things I have noticed:
* My CPU usage during playback is around 30%, when I stop playback it climbs towards 50%.
* If I open Drumagog and solo the track (to listen to the samples) my CPU usage progressively climbs and eventually crashes.
* Once the CPU usage starts climbing, the session becomes unstable and I need to close and reopen to get things under control.
* When I reopen, things remain stable, with Drumagog active on a few tracks. Playback is around 30%, but when I stop playback CPU usage climbs over 40%.
* As soon as I open Drumagog things start becoming unstable.

I have tried resetting preferences. For whatever reason Drumagog has become unstable, and not usable. Please help.

Perry
Jack
Expert

Re: Drumagog 5 Crashing PTHD

Post by Jack »

Perry,

We are sorry that you are experiencing trouble with Drumagog crashing in your Pro Tools 9 setup. First thing to check is that you are running the latest version of your OS and PT9. I know that OSX has updated to 10.6.7 at least. Also, can you tell me about any other plugins that are running on this project and any specific settings that are being used in Drumagog (i.e. Plugin Hosting, Auto Hi-Hat Tracking, etc)?

While we are not in the office this weekend and unable to try to recreate your problem, I have forwarded this to our development team and they are working towards a solution as soon as possible.

Cheers,
Jack
Jack Goodall
WaveMachine Labs
http://www.drumagog.com
perryr

Post by perryr »

I was on PT 9.0.2. OS 10.6.6 and Drumagog 5.1 and having no issues. Rock solid. I downloaded the RD3 and UD GOG files, started to check them out and my CPU usage went red and Drumagog has been unstable since.

I upgated to 5.11 and PT 9.0.3 with no changes. The current upgrade OS is 10.6.8 and not yet Avid approved, so I'll need to wait before trying that.

As far as other plugs, Digi-gate, Sonnox EQ, SPL Transient designer, Soundtoys Decapitator and Echoboy, Lexicon PCM.

By being carefull not to Solo any tracks and use 1 Drumagog instance at a time I was able to play and record the gog tracks. CPU usage was around 70% (use to be around 30-35 with 2 gog tracks). I then removed Drumagog, but at idle my CPU usage was at 50%. I closed the session, re-opened, still high CPU usage without Drumagog. Closed PT and ceared prefs (DAE, PT Prefs, com.digi.pt.plist, database folders, volumes folder). Restarted PT and the session came up with 25% CPU usage.

Something is happening that is effecting my prefs files.

The only change I've made since 9.0.2 came out was the addition of the new GOG files, which was immediately followed by the issues.

Thanks, Perry
Jack
Expert

Post by Jack »

We've tested Drumagog 5.11 in PT9 here and have not found the same CPU issues. There's nothing related to sample libraries that should affect CPU usage. I would recommend deleting the Drumagog 5 plugin from your RTAS plugins folder and re-run the installer. Let us know if the issues continue.
Jack Goodall
WaveMachine Labs
http://www.drumagog.com
perryr

Post by perryr »

Thanks Jack,

I removed and re-installed 5.11, all seems good! Perry