GOG Files in Reaper

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

pipelineaudio
Expert

Re: Creating D5 gogs from gogs?

Post by pipelineaudio »

The funny thing is, when I'm all done and just using the gogs, I'll forget how long it took and just be happy using them. Hopefully some of the other gog creators can chime in, maybe they have some tips and tricks for the new format
pipelineaudio
Expert

Gogs moving themselves

Post by pipelineaudio »

Why do gogs I make keep ending up in C:\Users\pipequad\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Drumagog 5\Gog Files\
instead of c:\programfiles(x86)\Drumagog5\Gog Files\ ?
Matt W
Expert

Re: Understanding the new direct fader

Post by Matt W »

We want to keep Drumagog fairly intuitive and simple to control, and that sounds like it would confuse more users than help. I think the developers will stick with the current system for controlling the "direct" samples.
Matthew Werner
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
www.drumagog.com
Matt W
Expert

Re: Gogs moving themselves

Post by Matt W »

Sounds like you have virtualization turned on, and Windows is running your audio apps from a virtual folder. There's a Microsoft KB article about this (and ways to turn it off if you didn't mean to use it): http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927387
Matthew Werner
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
www.drumagog.com
pipelineaudio
Expert

Re: Understanding the new direct fader

Post by pipelineaudio »

If we could find a way to quickly and easily switch which layer was first, this wouldn't be an issue at all. Right now its a nightmare to recreate an existing gog, swapping one mic for another. I'm betting you guys will figure out an easy way to do this, but I can't think of one.
pipelineaudio
Expert

Re: Gogs moving themselves

Post by pipelineaudio »

Ahh thanks! I knew windows 7 couldnt be as easy and pain free as it has seemed so far :)