BUG - Cubase 5 - saved insert chain

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

BlueBearSound

BUG - Cubase 5 - saved insert chain

Post by BlueBearSound »

In Cubase 5, insert chains can be saved for recall on other tracks - this is a huge time-saver, and so far, the only plug-in I've had an issue with was DrumAgog 5 (DM4 works fine though!)

In DM5, after saving a chain that consisted only of the DM5, and a Cubase native Gate plug-in, in trying to load that preset onto another track results in an instant Cubase "lock-up/freeze".... reproduceable 100% of the time for me.

Any thoughts?
Jack
Expert

Re: BUG - Cubase 5 - saved insert chain

Post by Jack »

Hello,

We tested this on two systems here using Cubase 5 (one Windows 7 64-bit, and another Mac OSX Snow Leopard) and were able to save and load the preset (using Drumagog 5 and Gate) into a new audio track in a project.

What exact operating system and update of Cubase 5 are you running (including if you are running 32 or 64-bit)? Are you running the Drumagog 5.1 update (Check the SETTINGS section)? Are there any other plugins on the new audio track when you go to load the preset onto it? Anything else you can tell us about your system or project can help us figure out why this is occurring.

Cheers,
Jack
Jack Goodall
WaveMachine Labs
http://www.drumagog.com
BlueBearSound

Re: BUG - Cubase 5 - saved insert chain

Post by BlueBearSound »

Sorry - should have checked the Cubase site first... but this just started happening a couple of days ago... in any case, upgrading to the latest rev of Cubase 5 (5.5.3) solved the issue... thanks for the quick response though!

Incidentally - the PC was very current - quad core AMD with Windows 7-64bit... I installed the 32-bit version of Cubase (as per Steinberg's recommendation for plug-in compatibility!)