Plugin not allowing saves in Protools when activated..

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

bjons

Plugin not allowing saves in Protools when activated..

Post by bjons »

I have tried the plugin scan in Drumagog 5 on two PC operating systems, Vista and Windows 7 and each time i get access violation errors as well as warning that i can no longer receive auto backups in Protools. This happens immediately after selection of BFD plugin in D5. Does this have anything to do with a VSTi problem???? Butch Jones
Jack
Expert

Re: Plugin not allowing saves in Protools when activated..

Post by Jack »

Butch,

What exact Pro Tools version are you running with Drumagog?

Cheers,
Jack
Jack Goodall
WaveMachine Labs
http://www.drumagog.com
bjons

Post by bjons »

Hi Jack, I'm having this problem on both of my computers. Have Vista desktop running PT 8.0.1 and a Windows 7 desktop running PT 8.0.4. Both computers working fine when i use Drumagog 4 and BFD function to trigger BFD2 on an instrumental track so i can use the mixer in BFD. When i switch to Drumagog 5 and try loading BFD2 in Drumagog Plugins i start getting the error messages and Protools won't save. I have to restart computer and Protools. So far this is the only glitch i've run into and really hate having to go back to D4 to accomplish this. Thanks in advance for any cures.... Butch.
Jack
Expert

Post by Jack »

Butch,

One thing to check is that I know with BFD2 and Windows 7/Vista and Pro Tools, you need to have UAC disabled in order to prevent BFD causing access violations. From your descriptions, it sounds like this is BFD that is giving you the error. I think they may have fixed this in a later BFD update, so you may want to check with FXpansion.
Jack Goodall
WaveMachine Labs
http://www.drumagog.com
bjons

Post by bjons »

UAC is disabled. My confusion comes from the fact that when using D4 BFD is working fine on both setups. It's only creating errors after it loads BFD as a plugin in D5. Will keep testing and let you know if I find anything.
neilwilkes
Expert

Post by neilwilkes »

Strange - I would have bet the farm on UAC causing the trouble, as it is working fine here in D5/XP32.
Only other thing I can think of i#s the version of PT - is it really PT, or the hobbled PTLE?
Nuendo 5, 5.5 & 6 and Cubase 6,7 & 7.5 with WK-ID Controller.
Fully 64-bit Intel Xeon E5-2687W 8-Core CPU with 32GB Quad Channel RAM
Adam A7 x 5, RME RayDAT 1 into 2 RME ADI-8 DS, Tascam DA-88 to RME ADI-8.
bjons

Post by bjons »

PTLE, but i was able to test it on another system at work which was XP32 and it works fine. Not working on the Win 7 or Vista machines tho??? Thanks for checking this out..