WaveMachine Labs announces Drumagog 5

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

Matt W
Expert

WaveMachine Labs announces Drumagog 5

Post by Matt W »

WaveMachine Labs has announced the next major upgrade to Drumagog.

Some of the new features:

* Auto-Align 2.0 - A collaboration between WaveMachine Labs and Fraunhofer (inventors of the MP3 format) has resulted in a revolutionary new alignment algorithm. Simply the best triggering. Anywhere.
* Direct Plugin Hosting - Play any virtual instrument from within Drumagog. Plugins like BFD2, Kontakt, and Superior Drummer are inserted directly into Drumagog to allow a virtually unlimited sample palette. (Platinum version only)
* Redesigned graphic interface – Streamlined control and easier sample editing.
* Support for multiple room samples - The Gog format now allows for different room sounds and mics. Simply dial in the amount of room desired.
* Auto Hi-Hat Tracking - automatically detects the hi-hat pedal position (open/closed) in real time.

More details are available at http://www.drumagog.com/drumagog5.htm

Available in the first quarter of 2010. Pricing TBD, but there will be an upgrade path available for all Drumagog 4 users.
Matthew Werner
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
www.drumagog.com
ARIEL

Re: WaveMachine Labs announces Drumagog 5

Post by ARIEL »

Looks great , and more room to see the drum list !! thank you . But i did notice on the new version screen shot where it shows your multi samples that it is all just one colour . The VS 4 of drumagog was great as it had the solid colours for each velocity group . Has that been taken out now ?? That is an important feature for us whom make large sample librarys and what to easily see the vol/velocity of each sample . Thanks
Matt W
Expert

Post by Matt W »

Hello,

While the posted screenshot is by no means final, we are looking at a few different ways to display things like which group/position a sample belongs to. It will definitely be easier to quickly see which samples belong where, we're just trying out a few alternatives internally to see what works best in practice.
Matthew Werner
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
www.drumagog.com
daveotero

Post by daveotero »

Just wanted to say that I'm really excited about the new version. The multitrack GOG feature is awesome. I knew I had been saving multitracks for all my samples for a reason :)

Thanks!
studiostef

Post by studiostef »

Hi,

I'm thinking of buying Drumagog now - which would be the 4 version.
Is there a free upgrade towards version 5 in Q1 2010 (as that future version is already announced) ?
Or should I better wait & save some money instead of having to pay upgrade fees ?

Thanks,

Stef
Matt W
Expert

Post by Matt W »

Yes, there will be an upgrade path as well as a grace period for version 4 purchasers, but as there is yet no firm release date or exact pricing for version 5 we can't announce what those are yet. Anyone purchasing Drumagog 4 shortly before the release of 5 will receive a free upgrade, but that period hasn't started yet. We'll announce all of these details once things are firmed up.
Matthew Werner
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
www.drumagog.com
vibesetter

Post by vibesetter »

It is great news that a Drumagog 5 release date has been announced and upgrade pricing made available since I have been anticipating this release for quite some time.

In reviewing the new upgrade pricing information, I was not able to locate information on the website about an upgrade grace period for purchasers of Drumagog 4. Has this grace period started?

If I purchase Drumagog 4 today will I have to spend an additional $149 to get Drumagog 5 when it is released on the 7th of April?
vibesetter

Post by vibesetter »

Many apologies! Just went back to the Drumagog homepage and noticed the HUGE banner that says FREE UPGRADE.
Unfortunately, I glossed over it the first time because I went down straight to the NEWS section to follow this link:

http://www.drumagog.com/drumagog5.htm

On that page, the pricing section does not make mention of the free upgrade:

"Drumagog 4 Upgrade - $149 (Same tier, i.e. Pro to Pro, or Platinum to Platinum)
We will also offer cross-tier upgrades for those interested in moving into the higher editions of Drumagog, like Drumagog 4 Pro to Drumagog 5 Platinum."

I really should have spent more time searching around. Sorry for the false alarm!!
gnogtr

Post by gnogtr »

Hey guys. I have been a loyal Drumagog user for a few years now, and it has really gotten me out of binds before with bad drum recordings. I have also preordered D5 which I hope to have in my hands very soon. I do have a quick question that I'm not sure has been covered before. I was just recently watching a video about the new software package from Steven Slate drums called Trigger. With Trigger you can send your kick and toms to your snare plugin and have the plugin ignore the bleed from those sources, because we all know that it's there. One of the drummers I work with is a very articulate drummer and I need to be able to do that to get the best quality from Drumagog. I've had instances in the past where D4 hasn't picked up flams (I know D5 is supposed to do this right), ghost notes, and good some hits in rolls. I've had to work on the actual track and do some advanced stuff to get it to trigger right, yet it doesn't always work like I want it to (such as keeping the correct dynamic since I had to increase the volume of the flam/ghost hit/roll or whatever). And in some cases when modifying settings in D4, it would trigger the kick because it saw it as a snare hit. The worst are the toms because their mics pick up a ton of bleed from the snare (I know, I know gate it...but in some cases you don't have that luxury). So anyway, will D5 have this "side chain bleed thing" that Trigger by SS has?