Kick Phase Issue

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

puddin

Kick Phase Issue

Post by puddin »

Hello folks.

I've been using Drumagog for some months now. I typically just use it to replace my original kick track with a great sounding sample. Up until now, it's worked great for me. Here's my issue. I am now working on a song where I have replaced the kick track (same as usual), but noticing that when I play the new kick track in with the my drum submix (snare, ohead, hihat and tom tracks) I'm getting phase issues where the kick appears to get louder or softer throughout the song. Upon further investigation I find this is being caused by the kick track phasing with the original kick sound (that's bleeding on the snare track). I've tried a number of things (inverting the snare track, inverting the new kick sample track, parametric EQ'ing the snare track to try and remove the kick bleeding, etc.) Up until now, nothing has been completely effective (I've still got about 7-10 kick hits that seem to disappear or jump out in the mix).

This must have come up before with other users. What's the best solution?

Thanks
G
Matt W
Expert

Re: Kick Phase Issue

Post by Matt W »

Hello,

One other thing you might want to try adjusting is the alignment settings, as this will affect how Drumagog lines up the new samples. Try switching to different modes and profiles and see if that makes a difference.
Matthew Werner
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
www.drumagog.com