drumagog in adobe audition 3.0

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

codycallahan

drumagog in adobe audition 3.0

Post by codycallahan »

hi guys!

what im trying to do is map out the drums in fruity loops and convert them to wav files, after that import them into adobe audition.

now ive gotten that far, but the drums sound way too robotic, i play in a metal band and lemme tell ya hwhat, blast beats do not sound good when a robo drummer plays them.

im trying to use drumagog to make it sound as much like a real drummer as possible, i dont have a thousand dollars layin around to get what i would need to record live drums, let alone a place to do it.

now ive been lookin around on the internet and it says to go into effects, nothin in there, it says to go into plugins and do it that way, i cant figure it out either way.

but to be honest im really inexperienced and the whole drumagog not being an application thing weirds me out, in other words i dont understand it.

sorry for the long post, but thanks for any help in advance
Matt W
Expert

Re: drumagog in adobe audition 3.0

Post by Matt W »

Hello,

Drumagog is a plugin, which means that it doesn't work by itself but needs to be opened inside a host application, like Fruity Loops or Adobe Audition. In both cases Drumagog should appear alongside any other VST plugins you have installed. If, after installing, you don't see it listed, you may need to do a one-time configuration inside Audition so that it "sees" Drumagog.

By default Audition tends to exclude most plugins and makes the user specifically add them. Adobe has instructions on doing this http://help.adobe.com/en_US/Audition/3. ... -7f32.html

Drumagog normally installs the VST plugin into the standard location, which in Windows is c:\Program Files\Steinberg\VST Plugins. If you add that folder to Audition Drumagog show then appear.
Matthew Werner
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
www.drumagog.com