Drumagog Platinum and BFD 1.5 issues

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

nowhereman

Drumagog Platinum and BFD 1.5 issues

Post by nowhereman »

I just recently purchased Drumagog Platinum and no problems so far using strictly Drumagog…Figuring out the tweaks, etc. My problem though is when I try to initiate BFD 1.5. I have the latest version of 1.5 and I open BFD after inserting Drumagog in the track. In BFD on the main window it shows Drumagog (Aligned) (Fixed). When I chose BFD in the Drumagog window, it looks like this:

<BFD>
Hit
Hit No Snare
Hit
Drag
Flam
Rim
SS
ClosedT
ClosedS
HalfT
HalfSOpenT
Pedal
QuarterT
QuarterS
ThreeQT
ThreeQS
VariableT
VariableS
Hit
Hit
Hit
Hit
Alt
Hit
Hit
Hit

I can figure what these represent, just curious why it shows up this way. If I click on the Samples tab, there are no samples shown, just the Samples and Groups tabs. I can play back a drum with the movie to audition the sound. But when the track runs there is no activity in the original drum channel and the activity only shows in the BFD channel strip. There also seems to be a noticable latency. I have plenty of ram and a duo quad core processor. I am running Cubase 5 with latest updates.Is this normal? Am I missing something?

Any help greatly appreciated. This is a powerful program and I loo forward to learning the ins and outs as it greatly improves my drum track in the little time I have used it...

Thanks
Michael Hickman
Broken Arrow Studio
Austin, TX
Fall Guys SoundClick
Broken Arrow Studio
"I'm a Pisces fish and the river runs through my soul" G. Harrison 2001 <'{{{}}}><
nowhereman

Re: Drumagog Platinum and BFD 1.5 issues

Post by nowhereman »

No ideas from anyone on this?
Fall Guys SoundClick
Broken Arrow Studio
"I'm a Pisces fish and the river runs through my soul" G. Harrison 2001 <'{{{}}}><
nowhereman

Post by nowhereman »

I anyone home...MODERATORS??? no comment
Fall Guys SoundClick
Broken Arrow Studio
Matt W
Expert

Post by Matt W »

Hello,

That issue was a known bug in older versions of BFD, and was fixed in later releases from FXpansion. Double check that you do have the final version of BFD 1, 1.5.46 I believe it is. Either way the instrument names are reported by BFD, so whatever names you are seeing is what BFD is sending (what you see are specifically the articulation names minus the drum name). If you select one of the sounds it will still trigger.
Matthew Werner
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
www.drumagog.com
nowhereman

Post by nowhereman »

Yes the sounds still trigger, but there are numerous instances just shown as 'hit' from kick to toms to cymbals. kind of a PIA...anyway I just ordered BFD2 so hopefully that will no longer be an issue. Thanks
Fall Guys SoundClick
Broken Arrow Studio