Any V-Stack users?

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

zumbido
Expert

Any V-Stack users?

Post by zumbido »

I am wondering if V-Stack allows audio in so that several instances of Drumagog can be loaded and then directed to BFD2.

Can't find much info on V-Stack.
Matt W
Expert

Post by Matt W »

I don't know how it would work with Drumagog and BFD, it could probably run both individually (we haven't tested Drumagog with any external CPU VST hosts, though), the two plugins communicate in such a way that it might be tricky to do it on dedicated hardware, as the installation paths are very specific for the two to work together.

If anyone has tried them together, I would be curious as well for news of the experience.
Matthew Werner
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
www.drumagog.com
zumbido
Expert

Post by zumbido »

I just found out that V-Stack does not allow Audio In. So, it will NOT work.

I have been playing around with FL Studio (demo) to ONLY host VSTs. It does have the ability to allow Audio In. I have successfully sent recorded drums' audio, from my Pro Tools computer, to my PC running FL Studio with Drumagog and BFD2 loaded. I then send back the replaced drums to the Pro Tools computer. There is a 17 ms delay, which I can offset by nudging the audio (in PT) forward.

It works great, so far. And FL Studio starts at $50 - a poorman's VST host, which is all I wanted.

I can't run Drumaog and BFD2 in PT as I am using PT5 on a Mac OS9.