Drumagog not finding new Gogs

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

bing181

Drumagog not finding new Gogs

Post by bing181 »

Hi

Not having much luck installing the new SS 3 Drums into Drumagog. Don't want to over-write my existing SS drums, as I've modified some, and are using quite a few on some ongoing projects.

Have created new folders for the new sets, and put them into the Drumagog samples folder, alongside all my other Gog files/folders. They're in there OK, but Drumagog doesn't see them in the menu. I can only load them using "Browse".

Any ideas?? Thanks.

B
Matt W
Expert

Post by Matt W »

Can you describe how exactly the folders are setup? Drumagog has very specific rules for how the samples must be arranged in order for them to appear in the drop-down menu.

1. Every .gog file must be inside a "category" folder, like "Rock Snares" or "NS Kit Free".
2. Every "category" folder must be inside the "Gog Files" folder.
3. Any .gog files directly in the Gog Files folder, outside of a catgeory folder, will be ignored.
4. Any folder(s) inside the "category" folder will be ignored.
Matthew Werner
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
www.drumagog.com
bing181

Category Folders?

Post by bing181 »

Matt W wrote:Can you describe how exactly the folders are setup? Drumagog has very specific rules for how the samples must be arranged in order for them to appear in the drop-down menu.

1. Every .gog file must be inside a "category" folder, like "Rock Snares" or "NS Kit Free".
2. Every "category" folder must be inside the "Gog Files" folder.
3. Any .gog files directly in the Gog Files folder, outside of a catgeory folder, will be ignored.
4. Any folder(s) inside the "category" folder will be ignored.
Great to know, thanks.

Well, I'm cool on 2, 3 and 4. Wondering then about these "category" folders. Is there a special naming convention I should be using .. or to put it another way, how do I turn my folders into category folders.

B
Matt W
Expert

Post by Matt W »

There is nothing special about the category folders, they're just normal folders that are inside the Gog Files folder. You can name them however you like, whatever the name of the folder is, that's what you see in Drumagog's Drop Down menu.

In other words, if you name the folder "Slate V3" and move all the new gog files into this folder, and then put the Slate V3 folder inside the Gog Files folder, you should see "Slate V3" as one of the options in the pull-down menu. When you select it, the individual gogs will appear in the menu.
Matthew Werner
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
www.drumagog.com
bing181

Post by bing181 »

Ah .. got it.

My bad .. I was using my backup folder without realising. Still, good info, and thanks for the help/feedback.

Peter