Drumagog on Vista - Installation and Further Issues

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

Lix

Drumagog on Vista - Installation and Further Issues

Post by Lix »

Hi,

I purchased Drumagog Pro retail from Thomann.com. To my frustration I found out it didn't work on Vista so I did what I was told, registered , in order to be able to download the Full Version which would be updated and work on Vista.

I did that and I saw Drumagog in my VSTplugins folder. However, it wasn't seen on ACID Sonic Foundry 6.0.

I have the dll files but they're not seen in the list. This is perplexing since I used the demo version on ACID without any problems.

Can anyone help me please?

EDIT: Just to make it clear, ACID is set to scan the folder the drumagog.dll and fixed latency is installed in in order to find the VST instruments and effects.

Thank you!
Matt W
Expert

Post by Matt W »

Hello,

From your description of the problem (the Drumagog .dll files are present in your VSTPlugins folder, but ACID doesn't list them in the VST Effects Menu), it sounds like Drumagog may not be fully installed, so ACID doesn't recognize it.

As it sounds like the disc you received in the retail box was an older one from before Vista was added, you did the correct thing and downloaded the current version from our website. What we need to make sure is that you downloaded the "full" version of the plugin and not the "update", as what you are describing is what happens when only the update is installed (which will leave out a number of required files).

The file name of the installer should read either DrumagogRetail.exe or DrumagogPlatinumRetail.exe (depending on which version you purchased). The update installer will instead include the actual version number (4.11 being current), so the wrong installer will read Drumagog411.exe or DrumagogPlatinum411.exe.

I suggest re-downloading the "full retail" version of Drumagog from our site, confirming it says "retail" in the name of the installer, and re-running this installer file. Confirm during the installation that Drumagog is installing the VST plugin in the correct folder (where your other VST plugins are installed). Once the installer finishes open ACID and check the VST effects menu. You may need to "refresh" the list before Drumagog appears.

Once Drumagog appears in this list it should be available as an insert effect on audio tracks. Please let us know if this helps, or if you need further assistance.
Matthew Werner
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
www.drumagog.com
Lix

Post by Lix »

Hi Matt, thanks for the prompt reply!

EDIT: I managed to open drumagog in Fruity Loops. It tells me to unlock it. I realise that the previous attempt at registering was a waste since I inputted my Activation code instead of a proper unlock code (this was before the plugin opened anywhere so I was unable to see a CPU ID). I will try and unlock it and get back to the thread with my progress.

UPDATE: OK, I have narrowed down the problem. Drumagog is activated and working on Fruity Loops, however this is not the program I use

ACID is not seeing Drumagog, even though it is searching in the correct VST folder. It is strange as I have worked with Drumagog (demo version) on Acid without this problem. Any idea as to what this problem might be?

Thanks, I eagerly await your support!
Matt W
Expert

Post by Matt W »

If you could open Drumagog in another VST app (like Fruity Loops), then it sounds like Drumagog is correctly installed. You are correct about unlocking, which needs to be done post-installation. Once you do get Drumagog to open in ACID it should already be unlocked (if it is unlocked in Fruity Loops).

As to why ACID doesn't see Drumagog, do you have other VST plugins that are appearing? Sometimes one plugin that interferes with a host (like ACID) will prevent others from showing up.

What you will probably need to do is temporarily empty the VSTPlugins folder, leaving just Drumagog.dll and Drumagog (Fixed Latency).dll in the folder. Refresh in ACID and see if they show up. If so, start moving back your other plugins 1 or 2 at a time until you catch the one causing the problem.

If you still don't see Drumagog (or have no other plugins), it may be an issue with that folder (such as a permissions issue), so try moving the two drumagog dlls file to another folder (like c:\VSTPlugins), add that folder to ACID and refresh.
Matthew Werner
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
www.drumagog.com