Drumagog midi output inconsistant

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

BBeam

Drumagog midi output inconsistant

Post by BBeam »

I wonder if anyone else gets this result on their systems. When recording a midi output from Drumagog Pro within ACID 7.0a, I get unusable midi. The midi is similar to the audio track but, the notes are "before and after" the correct time. Erratic to say the least. This is, as if my, system is struggling to keep up. I don't think this a drumagog problem. I believe it is something to do with my system: P4 2.6 gHz, 8 gigs ram, M-Audio 1810, (which should be powerful enough). Perhaps it is a USB conflict. Recording midi from a midi input is solid otherwise. I have only seen this with Drumagog and an other Drum replacement plug, (DRT raven).
Perhaps this just the state of the art of "getting midi output" from plugin's in general?
A feature i would like is an "Auto align" for midi.
Matt W
Expert

Post by Matt W »

Are you using a virtual MIDI device, like MIDI Yoke, to accomplish this? The most common cause of what you describe is usually the 3rd-party utility adding some latency to Drumagog's output, though usually it stays stable and only needs to be moved once.

AutoAlign is something that requires audio on both ends, as it lines up the incoming and outgoing signal. Part of the problem with replacing with MIDI is the fact that you cannot lineup the samples any better than starting them at the same time.
Matthew Werner
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
www.drumagog.com
BBeam

erratic Midi timing

Post by BBeam »

Thanks Matt, Yes I am using MIDI YOKE. Is there anything else out there that I could try which might give me better midi timing? I would love to use BFD or ezDrummer. funny thing is, I can get good consistent midi output timing with a plugin called "MIDIFIER" from knzaudio. Timing is rock solid, but it doesn't output velocity. So that is not a good solution either. I will try Drumagog on another machine next to see if this problem is specific to my rig. Thanks!