Drumagog Free Samples not working

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

theoposthumus

Drumagog Free Samples not working

Post by theoposthumus »

I just purchased and installed drumagog 4.11 basic without any issues. However, after downloading all of the free samples they are showing up on my computer as .wav and .aif files instead of .gog files and drumagog won't reccognize them. Does anyone know how I might resolve this issue?

Thanks
Matt W
Expert

Post by Matt W »

Which option did you use to download the samples, the individual samples or the automatic installer? Both only include .gog files, as we do not offer our library in wave or aiff format. Would the .gog extension have become associated with a non-Drumagog application? Depending on your operating system, a file's icon may appear as a wave or aiff file, even though the extension is still .gog. If Drumagog is not seeing your samples, it usually because the library is not in the same location that Drumagog is looking. The default location for the sample library are C:\Program Files\Drumagog40\Gog Files (Windows) and HD_Root\Applications\Drumagog\Gog Files (Mac). Inside this Gog Files folder need to be the various category folders, like Rock Bass Drums, Electronic Snares, etc.

If you decided to install the samples into a different location, you will need to tell Drumagog where that location is, using the Advanced Tab of the Drumagog plugin window. In the bottom-left corner is the Gog Folder setting. Click "Change", navigate to the "Gog Files" folder, highlight the "Gog Files folder" and press select. Close Drumagog, re-add the plugin to the project, and your library should appear.
Matthew Werner
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
www.drumagog.com
theoposthumus

Post by theoposthumus »

Thanks Matt, I'm resolving the issue as we speak, for some reason the automatic installer wasn't working with my setup, I routed all my browser's downloads the the gog folder and am downloading the individual samples.