Digital Cackling

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

Aearth

Digital Cackling

Post by Aearth »

Hi everyone, first post here.

I have just installed Drumagog on my PT7 HD system....love gog.

Problem
I'm getting digital crackling on inserted drumagog tracks, didn't really noticed till I solo the tracks, but there they were.
Actually having a better listen to the tracks it's the sample hits that have the crackling noise, that sounds like digital spikes.
Not too sure what to do about it.

Mac G4 dual processor Tiger OS

Thanks Nick
Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim »

Nick,

Are the spikes only occuring on certain samples? Just so you know, some of the bass drum samples in the free collection intentionally have clipping. Can you tell me which samples did this? Does it only occur at the peaks? Also, make sure your output control is set to 0dB and the synth section is set to "off"

Best Regards,
Rim Buntinas
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
Aearth

Post by Aearth »

Rim wrote:Nick,

Are the spikes only occuring on certain samples? Just so you know, some of the bass drum samples in the free collection intentionally have clipping. Can you tell me which samples did this? Does it only occur at the peaks? Also, make sure your output control is set to 0dB and the synth section is set to "off"

Best Regards,
Rim Buntinas
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
Hi Rim

I'll check which samples, but the samples I've used are some of the retail samples.
Yes occurs at the peaks.
I'll check out rest of the above tonight.
Thanks again

Nick
Aearth

Post by Aearth »

OK
Worked it all out for all you PT users.........increase the buffer size in the playback engine. Keep forgetting to do that as I don't use a lot of RTAS pluggers.

Nick