Labeling of gog folders/names on main panel

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

ARIEL

Labeling of gog folders/names on main panel

Post by ARIEL »

Hi Rim !! just a suggestion one that is really needed . As we make our own vast Librarys of sounds we usually use longer names - example the gog folder would be Mapex Kik Aquarian superkik 2 - and in that would be as follows Mapex Kik 1 mic D112 etc... with all this labeling we are running out of room to veiw the full name length of the file - so sometimes i have to activate the rename function to see what the folder is in it's entirety . Would you be able to have a new interface with a larger area for file naming ? twice as long would be great ! and maybe an option for the window pane to extend down to where the little AVI of the drum is - I would rather have more room for all the files than the AVI - looks cool but not really needed as we use out ears ;) Thanks - Ariel
Matt W
Expert

Post by Matt W »

Hello, and thanks for the input.

Increasing visible name-size is definitely on our list for any future UI redesigns. You don't want to see some of the abbreviations I'm using for my library, sometimes I could use a chart to find what I'm looking for.
Matthew Werner
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
www.drumagog.com
ARIEL

Post by ARIEL »

Great to hear !! yes i was thinking i will have a a bit of a chart too ;)
ARIEL

Post by ARIEL »

Also another thought on the gog folder . We also need a deeper sub menu of gog folders - so we can organize things better - right now there is only one layer deep - hope i make sense - example would be say if we have a folder called steven slate drums - we click on that and it would show the 3 main folders in that - kik , snare and toms - then we can click on that for the sample / gogs - It just helps in organizing our files better . Multiple folder layers would be great !! thanks
neilwilkes
Expert

Post by neilwilkes »

ARIEL wrote:Also another thought on the gog folder . We also need a deeper sub menu of gog folders - so we can organize things better - right now there is only one layer deep - hope i make sense - example would be say if we have a folder called steven slate drums - we click on that and it would show the 3 main folders in that - kik , snare and toms - then we can click on that for the sample / gogs - It just helps in organizing our files better . Multiple folder layers would be great !! thanks
+1 on these suggestions - top thoughts.
Nuendo 5, 5.5 & 6 and Cubase 6,7 & 7.5 with WK-ID Controller.
Fully 64-bit Intel Xeon E5-2687W 8-Core CPU with 32GB Quad Channel RAM
Adam A7 x 5, RME RayDAT 1 into 2 RME ADI-8 DS, Tascam DA-88 to RME ADI-8.