Installing Drumagog on system with both ProTools and Cubase

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

YoungSoul

Installing Drumagog on system with both ProTools and Cubase

Post by YoungSoul »

I have both ProTools 7.4 LE and Cubase 4.5.1 both of which connect to a Digi002R.

I only use ProTools when I have to so I dont want to de-install it, but I use Cubase for 99% of my work.

When I installed Drumagog initially, it did not allow me to install the fixed latency version because I had ProTools ( I read the manual - I know that is how it is designed ). So to get Drumagog to install, I had to deinstall ProTools, install Drumagog, reinstall ProTools - ugh!

Now that 4.11 update is available, it looks like for me to use it I will have to jump through the same hoops again - unless someone has another suggestion.

Is there any way for me to install the fixed latency version so I can use it in Cubase without having to deinstall ProTools?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Teri
Site Admin

Post by Teri »

Hello,

We have programmed Drumagog to not install the Fixed Latency version if ProTools LE is installed on a system. Since using Fixed Latency with ProTools LE causes confusion, we have gone this route, so I'm sorry you are experiencing this issue.

Since ProTools LE uses RTAS, and Cubase is VST, you should install the 4.11 update and be able to use Fixed Latency in Cubase. Since the update will continue to detect LE, Fixed Latency will not appear in ProTools as designed.

There should be no reason to uninstall ProTools.
Teri Grossheim
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.