drumagog problem

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

NL5

drumagog problem

Post by NL5 »

I recently ran into a bit of a problem. I can load 3 instances of drumagog, without a problem. When I load a fourth, I lose all the control buttons of the GUI. The interface is just blank in that section. Then, when I load a fifth, it only opens a tiny widow with no controls and no way to choose a sample. The computer is not overloaded CPU-wise, nor memory-wise. And even the fifth instance works, it just plays the first kick sample in the drumagog gog folder......

Anybody got an idea what is happening?
Teri
Site Admin

Post by Teri »

NL5,

Visit this post for information: http://www.drumagog.com/phpbb2/viewtopi ... =instances

Which version of Drumagog are you using? Where you successful in unlocking Drumagog? Do you have the latest Drumagog update (v4.10)?

Best Regards,
Teri Grossheim
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
degobah

Post by degobah »

I am having this EXACT same problem. 3rd Drumagog is missing GUI info, and 4th is a little tiny box.

I am using Drumagog 4.10 on Cubase 4.1.3 with the /3GB switch on XP SP2 successfully engaged.

Any help would be appreciated!!! Thanks in advance.
Cubase 4.1.3 ~ XP Pro SP2 ~ RME Fireface 800 x 2 (driver 2.86, firmware 2.47) ~ Intel Core 2 Duo E6700 2.66GHz ~ Asus P5B-E ~ 4GB DDR2-667 ~ NVIDIA GeForce 7300GT (w/two displays) ~ UAD-1e (x2) ~ PowerCore PCI mkII ~ Liquid Mix
Scramble
Expert

Post by Scramble »

I get the same sort of thing after loading Drumagog instance number 10 In Cubase 4.10. I'm a bit disappointed as I replaced my old system with a 4Gb Intel Quadcore Q6600-based system just so that I wouldn't have these sorts of issues again.

The CPU isn't even close to being maxed out, it's registering around the mid-30's.

I'll have to go back to rendering tracks with Drumagog again to free up resources, just like in the bad old days.
degobah

Post by degobah »

I should have updated this earlier, but here's what I discovered.

I am on Windoze XP (Pro SP2) and also have 4GB of RAM. So, to utilize the full 4 gigs, I put the /3GB switch in my boot.ini file. I tried varying numbers for the USERVA value, but the only thing that made the UI problem go away was removing the switch all together.

So I left both both lines in, which gives me the option to choose at startup. But unless I am having memory issues loading a big VSTi, I usually boot up without the switch. What OS are you using?

[Operating Systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional No Switch" /fastdetect /NoExecute=OptIn
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional /3GB" /fastdetect /NoExecute=OptIn /3GB /Userva=2560
Cubase 4.1.3 ~ XP Pro SP2 ~ RME Fireface 800 x 2 (driver 2.86, firmware 2.47) ~ Intel Core 2 Duo E6700 2.66GHz ~ Asus P5B-E ~ 4GB DDR2-667 ~ NVIDIA GeForce 7300GT (w/two displays) ~ UAD-1e (x2) ~ PowerCore PCI mkII ~ Liquid Mix
Scramble
Expert

Post by Scramble »

I'm using XP Pro (SP2) as well. I'm not using the /3GB switch.

I should also point out that my VST Performance meter (as opposed to the general Windows Task Manager CPU meter) was showing about 60% on the project in question.
degobah

Post by degobah »

ditto... mine was down around 25% actually, if i recall correctly.