Anyone have any experience using Drumagog w/ BFD2 yet?

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

jtrainer

Anyone have any experience using Drumagog w/ BFD2 yet?

Post by jtrainer »

hi there,

i'm trying to make a decision on whether i should pick up Drumagog to use with BFD2 but can't seem to find any answers on how well they work togther.

anyone have any success using it with BFD2?

thanks!
Teri
Site Admin

Post by Teri »

Hello,

Drumagog works great with BFD v1.5.46, but there is some uncertainty with BFD 2.0 at the moment. However:

There will most definitely be Drumagog support for BFD 2.0. It's something I'm working on right now. While there are indeed some issues with the current Drumagog / BFD implementation (BFD v. 1.5), it does work great for the majority of users. This same level of functionality wil be incorporated into BFD2 soon. A new way of doing things is also in the works, and we'll be announcing that soon as well.

Regards,
Rim Buntinas
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
You may want to check out these threads:

http://www.drumagog.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=569
http://www.drumagog.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=349
Teri Grossheim
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
zumbido
Expert

Post by zumbido »

I've been spending some time with Drumagog and BFD2.

It's working just fine.

At this point I'm simply directing a MIDI note over to BFD2 and it seems to work (maybe) better than it did with BFD1. I say 'maybe' because it's been a while since I did it this way (via MIDI) because I've been using Drumagog/BFD.

My simple testing has been with a kick, snare and hihat.

Replacement of the kick and snare by Drumagog playing BFD2 along with a live hihat track being ducked from the snare. No noticeable delays, although I have NOT done any microscopic investigating.

I'm assuming that the upcoming Drumagog/BFD2 will be even easier to use. But, in the meantime, I can get along with this.

I'm really liking BFD2.