Drumagog w/ BFD?

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

jtrainer

Drumagog w/ BFD?

Post by jtrainer »

hi there,

i have Drumagog unlocked and am having trouble figuring out how to use it with BFD2 or BFD. perhaps i misunderstand its capabilities though. what i would like to do is the following:

i want to use Drumagog to replace all pieces in my studio drum recording. i want to trigger BFD2 samples from kick in/out, snare top/bottom, ride, hat, toms etc with crisp and clean BFD2 samples as well as take advantage of the new features BFD2 has to offer for mixing and tone shaping. i have tried reading the manual and all different sorts of set ups but am not having any luck.

do i have to have a BFD2 instantiation for each specific drum part? (ie: one for kick, snare, hat, toms etc)

or can i use just one instantiation and route the outputs of each to its own new track?

know what i'm saying?

does BFD2 even work like this with Drumagog? or BFD for that matter? (i have both now)

and i also can't figure out how to get the room mics to their own channel...or do i only get one stereo channel of signal from what ever the BFD2 instantiation is on?

basically i want to be able to use drumagog to signal BFD2 from all studio drum tracks and mix them out to their own new tracks, ya know?

am i missing something? or trying to do something that is not possible with this version of Drumagog?
zumbido
Expert

Post by zumbido »

First... you MUST have either DrumagogBFD or Drumagog Platinum.

Next, Drumagog MOST definitely works with BFD (1 or 1.5).

Does it work with BFD2? I don't know.

Concerning BFD1/1.5, you only need one open. You do need to insert a Drumagog into each track that you want to replace/enhance. You can insert more than one Drumagog per track if you want to. If everything is set up correctly, you'll see BFD in the drop down window for selecting sounds (in Drumagog). It's very simple and striaght forward.

For kick and snare, I usually have two Drumagogs inserted per track. One has a 'gog' sound and the second one is used to trigger BFD (usually for the ambiance in BFD).