Playback Consistency

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

StasisEntropy

Playback Consistency

Post by StasisEntropy »

I recently upgraded to Drumagog 5, and I'm noticing that playback isn't always consistent with hits that are close together. For example, I have an eighth note triplet that sometimes triggers 3 hits, and sometimes triggers 2. This seems really wrong to me - how can I make it so that every playback produces the same result? I've tried fiddling with all the random and dynamic options to no avail.
Chris M
Expert

Re: Playback Consistency

Post by Chris M »

Hello,

The first thing to try is to raise the Transient Detail. The more you increase this, the more transients Drumagog will look for. The trade off is that you may get triggers at positions that aren't actually part of the transient.

You can also try turning Auto-Align 'Off', or even putting Drumagog in 'Live' mode, which can be better for fast triggers.

Best,

Chris
WaveMachine Labs
StasisEntropy

Post by StasisEntropy »

Hi Chris,

Raising the Transient Detail did the trick - all the quick hits are triggering consistently now. But I have to ask the question: shouldn't setting the Transient Detail at a certain level always trigger in the same exact way, regardless of how high or low the gain on this control is? An algorithm looking for transients that is somewhat random between plays seems counterintuitive.

Still, the important thing is that the ghost notes are triggering nicely now - many thanks!

- Mike
MAW

Post by MAW »

Finally someone who has the same issue. I asked about that issue on here 1,5 years ago and didn't get a clear answer since. How are you suppose to layer several samples over each other when the hits are NOT triggered the same way EVERY time?
BrianGullie

Post by BrianGullie »

Hey I was also going through this issue and searching for solution.The solution here worked perfectly for me.Thanks.It was quiet easy one.
Read about replacement printer ink from the link.