Add From Track not working in PT LE 7.1 or Logic 8?

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

Dubnick

Add From Track not working in PT LE 7.1 or Logic 8?

Post by Dubnick »

I decided to try the Add From Track feature cause I'm getting sick of chopping up samples. Only problem is, I see no Record(ing) display/button as described in the manual and so clicking Listen, and pushing play in the host seems to do nothing at all. What gives? Is this function working on Macs?
Teri
Site Admin

Post by Teri »

What Drumagog version are you using? And what OS is on your Mac?

Since this function does work on Mac and PCs, I would try updating to v4.10 if you haven't done this already. Let me know how this goes.

Best Regards,
Teri Grossheim
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
Dubnick

Post by Dubnick »

I believe I am already on v4.10 and I am using PT LE 7.1.x (the last one before 7.3) and Logic 8. Had a tiny bit more success after adjust the threshold, but in a bizarre, not helpful way. Since the track I want to take the samples from has a wide dynamic range with virtually total silence between hits, I tried keeping the threshold at the lowest setting, but that wouldn't record any hits, soft or loud, the default setting wasn't much better, but setting at 0db would record the sample, but cut it off before the decay stopped (way before) unless I was using PT LE, in which case, I would get a message telling my I'm hitting CPU too hard (with all of one plug, drumagog, running). This just sort of sucks, especially since I still get the dreaded "white noise" issue at random points when using any of the self made gogs I make from my pre-cut samples and sometimes have to reload all the samples in the Gog before I can use it. Weird thing is (as if there hasn't been enough weird issues for me with drumagog stuff so far), is that I've noticed to different white noise issues. The worst issue is when all the samples are rendered into useless white noise generators until they are replaced/refreshed and I've noticed in those cases, the Peak displays are all 0 instead of they're actual peak. The other variation on the White Noise issue is when only certain files seem to get corrupted and, while they initially play, they are followed by White Noise, and in this case, the Peak display is uneffected. The original samples are totally fine and only seem to get corrupted within the gog (I guess it's technically the gog that gets corrupted). I got the later version of the white noise issue after converting all the samples into .WAV format from AIFF in hopes of avoiding the former white noise issue.