Yes, Another 64 Bit Thread

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

chefmike8888

Yes, Another 64 Bit Thread

Post by chefmike8888 »

Please, Please, Please bring Drumagog into the 64 bit world.
There's no reason that this should not be done already.
I've seen post's from 2011 asking for this and still no word on when we might see it.
Well except for "we're working on it."

Can you maybe give us a little more of an idea on the projected time frame.
You can be honest and tell us if it'll be out by this summer or if realistically we probably won't see it till next year.
At least we know where we stand.

Is the projected date still looking like spring 2013 or does it look like it might be longer?

I love Drumagog but my whole system is 64 bit except this one plug.
Sonar has Bit-Bridge and I also have jBridge but Drumagog doesn't work well when bridged.

This leaves me with 2 options:
1- Install Sonar 32 bit just for Drumagog.
2- Purchase a different program that is 64 bit.

Neither of which I want to do.
I like Drumagog and am comfortable using it and know it well.

Please join us here in the future and bring us Drumagog in it's 64 bit glory already. :cry:

Mike
emwhy

Re: Yes, Another 64 Bit Thread

Post by emwhy »

Odd that you're having problems with jBridge. I use it with Drumagog and SONAR (X1d & X2a) all the time. I've had multiple instances of it in projects. It's a little sluggish at times with the GUI, but never had an issue with performance.

As for the 64 bit question, yes I would love to see a 64 bit version of Drumagog. I had read that iLock is a major stumbling block in some cases for porting plug-ins/programs over from 32 to 64 bit. I use iLock for my system, not everyone does. Here's hoping we get things worked out in 2013.
Chris M
Expert

Post by Chris M »

Hello,

We apologize for the delay in bringing Drumagog into the 64-bit realm. We've been working hard on this for some time, and are finally getting close to a release. We're targeting April of this year, so it is certainly on the horizon. We are always hesitant to announce specific release dates, because the disappointment is only multiplied when they aren't met. Please know that we're working towards its completion, and that we want it to be ready and released as much as you guys do. Thanks so much for bearing with us while we complete this process.

Best,

Chris
WaveMachine Labs
Danny Danzi

Post by Danny Danzi »

Chris, will you also be porting Drumagog 4.0 to 64? That would really be great for those of us who are happy with what we have. :)
chefmike8888

Post by chefmike8888 »

Wow it's like the whole Cakewalk family here.

Hi guys :)

I was using jBridge but for some reason it doesn't play well with my lame PC.

As far as 64 bit, I'm very glad you're working on it.
I would rather you take a little more time and get it right than put out buggy software.

Mike
Stiffard

Post by Stiffard »

Hi Chris

This is very good news and now I have a target date from you, I can relax a little.

I have a good investment in Drumagog and the additional Libraries and I am glad that they are not going to be going to waste.

Like others have said, in all other aspects you guys are great, but this is/was a very frustrating situation and you can't blame people for getting annoyed about it.

Looking forward to the 64bit version/update, hence the smiley that's actually smiling. :-)

All the best

John
Stiffard

Post by Stiffard »

Just another thought Chris

If you need a Beta Tester on this, I've got some songs that were shelved, because they desperately need drum replacement and have been waiting on you guys, because even in 32bit my Drumagog 5.11 doesn't work with Mountain Lion.

Give the new version a thorough workout for you.

All the best

John :P
Chris M
Expert

Post by Chris M »

Thank you all for being patient and understanding. We are working hard to get the update out ASAP.

We will not be updating Drumagog 4, but we do offer upgrade pricing options for existing Drumagog 4 customers. They should be available in your account, but if they aren't, please contact support(at)drumagog.com.

Thanks,

Chris
WaveMachine Labs
Stiffard

Post by Stiffard »

Hi Chris

How's it going with progress towards a Mountain Lion compatible, 64bit Drumagog upgrade?

Just trying to get a handle on a realistic timeline for completion of the 1st Stiffard Album release, "At The Rock Face".

All the best

John :)

stiffard.com
@stiffard
emwhy

Post by emwhy »

Bump....it's April.....
Stiffard

Post by Stiffard »

Hi Chris

You've gone very quiet on this again.

Just would like some information please on what stage you are at now with the update for Mountain Lion and 64bit?

Talk to me!

John :?
Chris M
Expert

Post by Chris M »

Hello,

We are still working on the 64-bit update. The 32-bit version of Drumagog 5 should work on Mountain Lion. If you are experiencing trouble with Pro Tools 10, we have identified this bug and we are planning to release the fix as soon as we can. In the meantime, here are some possible solutions:

It seems that there are a few issues that can cause a freeze in ProTools 10--one of the most common is certain MIDI controllers that are connected at start up. Disconnect any and all MIDI controllers and see if that helps (if it does, and you have more than a few, you may want to narrow down which one(s) are responsible, so that you don't have unplug all of them every time).

If that doesn't work, it's usually just a matter of trashing ProTools Prefs. In your User/Library/Preferences folder (hold Option and it will appear in the 'Go' menu, it's hidden by default in Lion) delete these four items:

com.digidesign.ProTools.plist
DAE Prefs
DigiSetup.OSX
Pro Tools Prefs

Finally, if that doesn't work, you may want to reinstall your InterLok drivers, which can be downloaded from iLok.com.

Best,

Chris
WaveMachine Labs
Stiffard

Post by Stiffard »

Hi Chris

The actual problems that render Drumagog unusable are in Logic.

I've actually got a bit of space coming up where I can thrash things a bit in test conditions and I'll screen record so that you can see what's happening , then overlaying a vocal commentary for you.

If Drumagog was usable then believe me I'd be using it as I've got lots of bucks invested in it with libraries etc.

If not next week then the week after, depending on how things pan out.

All the best

John
Stiffard

Post by Stiffard »

Hi Chris

I've sent you guys an email containing a movie, showing that Drumagog does not work in Logic in 32bit mode.

Now perhaps you'll understand why I'm so emphatic about you producing the 64bit update with full Mountain Lion compatibility.

All the best

John
Andy

Post by Andy »

Hi...
Would you please release the 64 bit version?! I´m now waiting and waiting and waiting...
Drumagog 5 is the only plugin I use which is not 64 bit. All other companies are on 64 bit.
Why must we wait that long time? I know you´re developing all this i (sh..) - no problem but please don´t forget drumagog!
It´s a very amazing plugin... but not up to date - the last update is about 1,5 years old!
I hope you will release the 64 bit version in very near future if not I´m very sorry but then I have to check out other products that are more supportet by their developers!

Regards,
Andy