SONOR 3 cant find vst for drumagog

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

atk

SONOR 3 cant find vst for drumagog

Post by atk »

The vst "finder" cant find drumagog so I can't insert it into a track. I am new so be gentle! thanks
Teri
Site Admin

Post by Teri »

atk,

Welcome to the forum. I would check if Sonar is looking at the correct file location for Drumagog. On older versions of Sonar (Sonar v4 for sure), the installer creates a Cakewalk VST Adapter.

Go to Start Menu>Cakewalk>Cakewalk VST Adapter. Once this is open, click next until you reach the "VST Plug-in Search Paths" window. There will be a list of file paths that Sonar is looking for VST plugins. If the folder location where Drumagog is located is not in the list, add it. On a PC, the default location is VST C:/ProgramFiles/VSTplugins (given there are no Steinberg products on your computer). The VST files here are drumagogFL.dll and drumagog.dll.

You may also want to check the "re-scan failed" and "re-scan exisiting" plugins boxes before selecting Next.

Let me know how this goes.

Best Regards,
Teri Grossheim
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
atk

Post by atk »

I have the grand by steinberg. I will try your fix in an hour. If I have the grand what is the difference?
atk

Post by atk »

p.s. have some Portillos for me will ya! I am from chicago originally
atk

Post by atk »

Hi,
Drumagog is in the list but when added is does not show up as a vst in the final list of vst plug-ins.

it also does not show the drumagogFl.dll or the druagog.dll files in the folder
Teri
Site Admin

Post by Teri »

mmm Portillos:)

If you own Steinberg Cubase, Nuendo, etc., the .dll files will end up in the C:\ProgramFiles\Steinberg\VSTplugins.

Try updating Drumagog to v4.10. Most of the boxed software sold in retail stores are an older version.

What version is the VST Adapter? iIf you upgarded to Sonar v3 from an older version, the VST Adapter may be dated. This may also cause this issue.

Best Regards,
Teri Grossheim
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.